Apple Up, Yahoo Down...Way Down

HardOCP News

[H] News
For those of you keeping track, Apple is up 26% on brisk sales of the iPhone and Yahoo is down by 64% and is laying off a ton of people.

Yahoo Inc. will fire at least 1,500 workers to cope with a crumbling economy that dented its third-quarter profit and turned up the heat on the Internet company's management as investors stew over a missed opportunity to sell to Microsoft Corp. for $47.5 billion.

A while ago someone posted here a link to a site with all the executives that left Yahoo in the past year.
If someone knows that link it will be great if you post it.

Wonder if Yahoo is regretting slamming the door in Microsoft's face now.

"WHERE'S YOUR MONEY MEN NOW?!?!?!" in my best Edward G. Robinson voice. :D

Yahoo snubbing MS will undoubtedly go down as one of the biggest bone head moves of all time. Talk about your all time monumental screw ups. I bet MS is having quite the last laugh right about now.

Stock holders deserve whatever comes their way; employees dont.

Anyone know how much net profit Yahoo made this quater?

Sure investors must assume their choice but the CEO must work for stock holders not against.

Here Yang is clearly biased against MS which made a good offer where it gave real value to stock holders. The CEO is aware of the poor forecast and difficulty his company was going to hit. That was my point.

Yang owes it to his company and investors to resign.

That Microsoft bid for Yahoo at $34/share sure must look good to Yahoo investors right now. One can say that they blew their chance.

Apple profits for the quarter are up 26%, not Apple. ;)

Yeah, big difference. That said, today was the 7th worst point decline in stock market history and the NASDAQ is at the lowest point its been since the dot-com bust. The fact that AAPL was actually up 5% on such a disastrous day speaks well for the stock, its just a matter of when things will actually turn around in the broader markets.

That also said, DAMN its been a good month to be selling short. :D :D :D

Wonder if Yahoo is regretting slamming the door in Microsoft's face now.

"WHERE'S YOUR MONEY MEN NOW?!?!?!" in my best Edward G. Robinson voice. :D

If they want it, Microsoft will get their price. I said back in March that MS will wait it out as long as it takes until the stock is really beaten down, and then swoop in again at a lower price. We'll see if it happens but I won't be surprised.

Back