Apple Yonah V. Merom Benchmarks

Lich

Limp Gawd
So with the news of the new merom iMacs, I was checking out apple's site. Specifically, this page. I'm curious as to why everyone else (people, tech industry, etc) is saying that the difference between yonah and merom is about a 20% increase overall.

So my question is why is apple getting anywhere between 33% and 50% better results from it on their benchmarks? Are these exaggerated? just for the high end stuff? or is the whole mac hardware integreation thing truely as awsome as they say it is?

There are no benchmarks yet of Merom v Core Duo in Apple because it was JUST released.

infiniti029 said:
There are no benchmarks yet of Merom v Core Duo in Apple because it was JUST released.

You don't benchmarks of them in an apple since PC's and apple share the same hardware. Benchmarks from anything showing the difference between these two would be fine.

They're using the Core Duo 2.0GHz against the Core 2 Duo 2.33 GHz. Of course there will be difference.

tsn | spazz said:
They're using the Core Duo 2.0GHz against the Core 2 Duo 2.33 GHz. Of course there will be difference.

Ding!

they're just comparing old high end to new high end.

felix88 said:
Ding!

they're just comparing old high end to new high end.

Yeah, it's not like you can configure their corresponding levels of iMac anyway, it's all preconfig for the important stuff.

My guess is that if you compared a 17-inch 2GHz iMac against the old 20-inch 2GHz, you'd see those 20% figures or something closer to them. But of course, that's a moot point - the clock speed is higher AND you've got a more efficient chip.

Back