AquaComputer Double Impact Block Testing

R1ckCa1n

Supreme [H]ardness
Well it finally happened!

The AquaComputer Double Impact block is getting a good old fashioned test which should satisfy even the largest AC haters (you know who you are). I am personally happy to see this as it will put to bed the bickering that has surrounded AC for many years; regardless of the results. Put it this way, I wanted this test so bad I took mine out of my computer so it could be done.

Intitial results are very positive with the exception of it being a pretty cold day in So Cal.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?p=2593328&posted=1#post2593328

Reminds me of when I bought the Cuplex XT for the sole purpose of getting it tested. Your not the first person to do this in an effort to stop arguments R1ck, and you certainly wont be the last :). At least this time you didn't have Sharka jerk around the tester for 2 months where you could have sent your block instead.

Well the tester is trustworthy and knows what he's doing. I hope it does well as it looks great, and would be a nice buy.

Issue is I don't trust AC or anybody who recommends them at all because of prior and current behavior/claims.

Hope it does well.

That was a good move Rick! Thanks for making that happen. I'm sure folks will be blown away with Scotts results.

I'm so glad to finally get a reputable review! Lots of new blocks around these days....so little time (and $$$) to buy them all.

Well so far this block looks promising, however my first run must be trashed... The reason I am discarding it is because the ambient temps at the time of testing were about 5C cooler than most of the other tests I've done. I use the water temp to die temp delta so in theory it should not matter what ambient temps are, but I have a feeling that compression of the temps may play a role once I get to the ~28+C ambient range. Ambients at the time of the first run of this DI were only 23-24C. That one run however (take this with a grain of salt) bested a bowed Apogee GT (not GTX) and a stock fuzion (no nozzles). This is all coming from a FLAT block, which I never thought would outperform a bowed or stepped block. Again, this test is NOT being used due to the low ambients and it's potential effect on the outcome.

Back