ArchAge Closed Beta (July 17-July 21)

I'll keep my eyes open and post a new thread if I see any more giveaways.

Saw I was accepted in an e-mail from them this morning. The best suprises are the ones you don't see coming. :D

Regarding the graphics comment, I think it uses one of the Crytek engines... not sure which one.

All I want to know is this... Is it any good?

Seen it hyped a few times in the past. But there isn't a ton of information out there.

I'll find out this weekend. Probably stream it and highlight some stuff afterwards. I'll be approaching it with a review mentality and coming armed with knowledge of the recent release, Wildstar, for a compare and contrast.

All I want to know is this... Is it any good?

Seen it hyped a few times in the past. But there isn't a ton of information out there.

What are you looking for?

If you want a level straight to 50 then instanced PvP and Dungeons, then you won't like this game.

I'm not gonna lie, the first 20 or so levels is basically you're traditional WoW type questing so you can learn the ropes, once you hit your 20's and up you can do what you want:

Naval PvP
PvP
Crafting
Housing
Trading
Farming

Remember this is all open world no instances or loading screens.

There is also a Jury system for people who break the law in game, which is basically stealing from your own faction and killing your own faction. You get sentenced, and your peers will vote if your guilty or not, then if you are you're put in jail for how ever amount of time.

There's a bunch of crap to do.

I believe my perfect game would be a cross between Asheron's Call 1 and Everquest 1.

I believe WoW, Rift, etc with its "drag you through the game, everything is soloable, don't need to talk to anybody" is a step in the wrong direction.

My friends and I bought the founder's pack (one guy even bought the alpha founders pack) to check out the beta while waiting for the next WoW expansion. It looks interesting, but I have a feeling it's going to have its fair share of problems. The biggest of which is that it's a korean MMO, and if koreans love anything in games, they love grinding. It seems like the crafting (AKA timesink) system in this game is pretty strong, hopefully it's not its undoing.

My friends and I bought the founder's pack (one guy even bought the alpha founders pack) to check out the beta while waiting for the next WoW expansion. It looks interesting, but I have a feeling it's going to have its fair share of problems. The biggest of which is that it's a korean MMO, and if koreans love anything in games, they love grinding. It seems like the crafting (AKA timesink) system in this game is pretty strong, hopefully it's not its undoing.

I hear ya, but Trion is working close with XL games to 'Westernize' it as much as possible to fit our needs.

Back