arctic cooling on the gtx

www.3dxtreme.org did a review on it and here is a pic of his temps
Chart3.jpg

I even sent him an email about what speed he was running at. He said he got it up to 480 and it never broke 58C Im not sure about any higher than that. But that was just one review. I would like to see more reviews first.

does anybody know if there will be any benefit in buying the REV3 vs REV2 for a 6800gt? Thanks

ah thanks those charts clear things up, improvements look pretty good

DFI is coming out with an Expert version of their SLI-DR boards which will have as much room as the Asus' boards do. Im gonna get it. The only boards that the VGA card and that silencer will fit in is the ASUS. Soon to also be the DFI.

IMO i think it would be better to just use an 70mm CPU fan and mount it directly onto the heatsink. my load is 58C @ 535/1.35 and this in a case with poor air flow.

It was recalled becuase of the fan wire terminals were backwards and theyu wanted to put thermal paste directly on the HS, so you dont have to apply it. I think their back shipping out now.

damstr said:
IMO i think it would be better to just use an 70mm CPU fan and mount it directly onto the heatsink. my load is 58C @ 535/1.35 and this in a case with poor air flow.

Is it possible to do this using clips or anything that wouldn't cause permanent physical damage to the HS?

I just used four thin screws. Did nothing to the hs/f and temps drop alot.

Back