Arctic Freezer (Prescott Core Users)

m0unds

[H]ard|Gawd
HOWDY.

I was curious if any of you using the Arctic Freezer HSF on a Pressy (478 or 775, doesn't matter) could give me an idea of what your temps are?

I can't say because I don't have that setup, but I would assume the temperatures to read quite a bit lower than the stock thermal solution, and I can safely say that noise output is significantly decreased, compared to the stock thermal solution. Win-win.

Just orient it so that the fan blows the hot air towards a rear case fan.

I'm using an AX-478 atm with a YS-Tech Tornado, and it's hideously loud. I just don't like high temperatures, and I idle at like 35C right now with load temps at around 44C, I've a feeling the interchange b/w noise and high speed fans would invariably end up giving me higher temps

That's a definite possibility, but the real question is how much higher will the temperatures be with the Freezer? I would guess not so much...

i got the AC Freezer 4....cuase my pressy 3.2E was too hot

temps with stock HSF:
55*c idle
61*c load

temps with AC Freezer 4
36*c idle
45*c load

btw i lapped the bottom of the Freezer4 cause it doesnt come that shiny....still using the thermal compound that came with it!!

I ran an Artic Freezer on my 3800+ x2.
In order to see a temperature drop over the stock I had lap for like 5hours+ to get it flat and shiny. I wouldn't buy another Arctic product

prodigyblue said:
I ran an Artic Freezer on my 3800+ x2.
In order to see a temperature drop over the stock I had lap for like 5hours+ to get it flat and shiny. I wouldn't buy another Arctic product
Really? Most Arctic Freezers I've played with had very flat bases, just that the surface finish wasn't that good. Base flatness matters much more than surface finish. I have a feeling you installed the heatsink wrong the first time, and installed it correctly the second time around...

Back