are laptops from Dell Outlet safe to buy?

CrazyJ

Gawd
does anybody have experience buying online from the dell outlet? Since the new inspirions came out I was hoping to pickup an older and cheap 15" with an ATI x1400 card.

Yes, I bought an XPS 1710 laptop from the outlet store (previously ordered new) and I've been very happy with it.

I ordered a "scratch and dent" E521 desktop machine for my father and I couldn't find even the slightest scuff on the case.

I think the Dell Outlet store is a well-kept secret -- haven't met anyone who didn't like what they got from the store.

Among techheads no, but I doubt the proles have any awareness of it.:cool:

too bad the search is down

yes laptops from the dell outlet are safe to buy

they have the same warranty as new dell laptops

there is a 21 return day policy where you can return the laptop if you don't want it (i don't think there's a restocking fee, i haven't read their TOS lately, so it may have changed)

sometimes when you get a scratch and dent laptop, there's hardly any scratches and dents at all (though there are rare times when people get an unacceptable dent and have to return it)

these usually ship the same day you order, so you don't have to wait for them to build you one

I think we got a refurb from them like 6 years ago or more. Friend bought it from my parents and as far as I know it's still running. Might have a few issues though lol

+1. Got the system in my sig as a refurb. Saved %40 off list price. :D

I purchased 3 refurbished lap tops from Dell over the last few years never a problem or a noticeable defect, I even sent back my XPS for dead pixels and they replaced the screen

I am typing on a dell outlet laptop right now... saved $700 and still have 2 years of complete care warranty coverage left.

Back