Are Noiseblocker NB-Multiframe Fan's Worth The Price?

I would say probably not. If you really want quiet, get some undervolted Scythe Slipstreams mounted with those silicone fan retainers, or if you want to mount fans horizontally (for a top or bottom intake or exhaust), get some Gentle Typhoon fans.

Thanks for the feedback. I was just going to ask about those GT's (Gentle Typhoon) fans. How are those in terms of CFM's to db ratio? Are they better then the slipstream versions? Basically it's between these 2 now.

The Scythe Slipstream SY1225SL12M
The Scythe Gentle Typhoon D1225C12B5AP-15

The Typhoon's fin design looks like they are pretty close to the housing which should help tremendously for air flow. But curious if you have used the GT's before?

I haven't used GTs before but I've heard a lot about them. Their airflow isn't as good as Slipstreams due to the larger hub size. However, for use in horizontal positions, they are better because they're ball-bearing fans rather than sleeve bearing like the Slipstreams. So it really depends on the orientation. A combination of Slipstreams and GTs would probably be the best combination from a performance and cost standpoint.

I haven't used GTs before but I've heard a lot about them. Their airflow isn't as good as Slipstreams due to the larger hub size. However, for use in horizontal positions, they are better because they're ball-bearing fans rather than sleeve bearing like the Slipstreams. So it really depends on the orientation. A combination of Slipstreams and GTs would probably be the best combination from a performance and cost standpoint.

+1

I have used them though, and quite like them, they have a very smooth sound compared to other BB fans I have used. The Slipstream fans push more air but are limited to vertical mounting for good life spans, they are also a good deal cheaper than the GT fans.

The noise blockers are good fans and so are the slipstreams and gentle typhoons. You can also look at Noctua's fans. If you want to read some fan reviews check out silentpcreview.com.

I've got two Noiseblocker Multiframe 120x25 1200rpm fans on a Meglahalem CPU cooler and ya' can't even hear them running even when under full load.I love 'em! They are a little pricey though.

Back