are there such things as good cheap speakers(<$50)?

selizo

Limp Gawd
I bought some el cheapo 2.1 speakers and one side decided to stop working today...I'm guessing I need to set up my game a little bit and perhaps splurge...although still on an immensly tight budget :p

I was thinking of maybe the Creative Inspite 5100 or 4400 series. Are they any good or is is better to go for a better set of 2.1s? Any reccomendations would be appreciated although my MAX limit is $50 shipped...

define "good"...

50 bucks shipped kind of constrains against "good"... can you find anything locally, that way you can eliminate the shipping cost and put that towards "speaker cost"?

I know once in awhile frys offers a set of klh bookshelves for around $49.99. These aren't "awesome" speakers, but for the price they are damn nice.

Polk R15 bookshelves are usualy on sale at Frys for $49 a pair from the usual price of $100.

I would say go for it and get a T-amp from ebay (about $30) and that should be your 2.0 system.

If you want a 2.1 computer speaker system, you should try to find the Logitech Z3 on sale and pounce on that. Otherwise, perhaps the Logitech X230 is good enough at the under $50 mark.

$50 will get you a decent middle of the road pc 2.1 setup - no qualms about that.

You will get bass extension, impact, decent midrange, and decent highs for the $50 you invest in pc speakers.

Others will tell you its crap, but they're comparing it to true HT speakers, so it isnt fair to critique.

I have the T-Amp Polk R15 combo. It sounds far better than a combined $80 system should sound, I enjoy it.

Back