Are you in the 24" LCD club?

DELL 2407 WFP

Couldn't be happier with it, zero problems to report, have had it about a year maybe, probably a little less. Everyone is always amazed at it's size and picture when they come over :)

I've been using 23-24" models for a long time now.

Apple 23" - probably the biggest wow, since it was a major step up. Not very good for games.
Dell 2405 - Meh. Lots of blur and lag. Not very good at scaling. Loses shadow details in the center. Poor input from the composite / SVIDEO / component connectors.
Dell 2407 - Better. Still a couple of scaling deficiencies which are slightly better in the latest revisions. Brighter, still loses shadow details in the center. Still some blur and input lag, but OK for gaming. Still pretty poor video at close range (3-4').

Still looking for the perfect 24".

no :(, I am using 2 17crt monitors, cant wait to get a 2x2407fpw (I like dual screen mode, can do alot more that way).

I had a 2407, but I sold it. Now waiting for BenQ to release the new firmware fix on their FP241W and then I'll be back in.

Had one of the first 2407 A04's in Canada,liked the picture,hated the CS from Dell as well as the design,did not use the extra inputs at all.Ordered two Nec 2470WNX-BK's,Purolator says they will be here Monday morning before 10:30 am.Will be back in the club very soon.

BenQ FP241WZ.
Look's great after a little colour/brightness/contrast tweaking.

I'm actually debating getting a second unit :cool:

Dell 2407 A03 at work
Dell 2407 A04 at home

Both units are great. The A04 is much brighter, and the A03 unit has more even backlighting (just these two units, not talking about all A03 and A04).

Dell CS has been great too, as they gave me a $70 credit after the price of the one I bought for home dropped within 3 weeks of purchase.

Dell 2407WFP (A04)

Been happy with it so far and got it for a pretty good price a few weeks ago. Still have to get a VGA cable for the 360 but I heard it looks great. Main reason I chose the Dell over the BenQ & LG...value. The Dell can be had for under $600 after tax/shipping with coupons. Only problem now is wanting to go dual 24's. Maybe if I find an amazing deal as they phase out the regular 2407's before the HC version becomes the only 2407 available.

I'm in the 24" "club" with 2407WFP Rev03 but I'm soon going to leave the "club" because the pixel pitch is too low as I'm used to pixel pitch of a 19" TFT.
For gaming the pixel pitch is perfect but for office work 0.270 is painful :( :(

I have my eyes on NEC LCD2690WUXi or Dell 2707WFP or maybe someone will release a 34" or larger screen with 2560x1600 resolution as the current pixel pitch for 30" is just too too low for text!

I was one of the first to get a Dell 2405. When it gave up the ghost, two month ago, I convinced Dell to replace it with a new 2407 (A03). I'm now looking to get another 2407 for twice the 24" fun!

Just replaced my 2007WFP with a 2407WFP. I like the extra res a lot. The (P)MVA colour change when moving my head is only slightly noticable. Blacks are super deep.
Got a super deal, paid $600 new.

Are all 2407WFPs with a (P)MVA panel?

I am going to order one today.

I sure am a member of the 24" club... oh wait... we were talking about monitors...

I am as of yesterday. Got a Gateway FPD2485W, and love it. Perfect image quality (no backlight bleeding at all), but it does seem to run very hot after a few hours..

Pic:
p1010211lh3.jpg

I have an LG L246WP which I just bought. Originally I just wanted a fast 22" monitor, but after being seriously disappointed with the Samsung 226wb I knew that a TN flavoured panel was definately not for me.

The dell definitely looks nice and I may consider a swap. However this LG works well so far and I have no issues with it.

Rob

I had bought the Gateway, but returned it because the ghosting was driving me nuts and the text was not sharp enough for my daily work, and the brightness was just too much, even after lowering it to the min. level, my eyes were getting tired after only an hour of work.

I saw the LG L246W at Future shop where I bought it, and thought I would give it a try. After a week of using it for work and gaming, I am very satisfied with it, my only complaint is that the menu buttons are not as intuitive as on the Gateway but at least the image is not hurting my eyes. I did turn down the brightness just a little.

For the price (750$ CAN), I would recommend it.

24" LDS Member; 2407WFP A04 Rev Divison :p - Extremely happy, I make use of the multitude of connections, great for work and it's good fun for gaming on my 360.

I think about 80% own the 2405/07 in this fraternity. I love the size and resolution, but I wouldn't mind having more. 30" isn't that bad when you sit 2 feet away from the screen; I just wished it had more inputs for consoles and such.

I got the 2405fpw.

How do I change the settings? Like whenever I go to image setting, everything is greyed out and won't let me choose them.

I purchased the lg L246W several weeks ago and so far am very happy. For me it is just a pc monitor used for surfing, photo editing and some gaming.
I originally purchased a Dell 2007wfp and was lucky enough to get a IPS panel, but wanted something a little bigger.
As I said, so far, very happy.

Lon

Benq FP241W here...

after doing ALOT of research and homework i settled on this monitor, not because i wanted an LCD, but because i know my CRT isnt going to last forever. Finding more CRT's are getting harder to do, and i need to replace it with SOMETHING.
I'm happy for the most part with the unit, but its not flawless. The colors are nice and its pretty fast. But, i'm not a fan of LCD technology. They are just not good for certain things.

I had bought the Gateway, but returned it because the ghosting was driving me nuts and the text was not sharp enough for my daily work, and the brightness was just too much, even after lowering it to the min. level, my eyes were getting tired after only an hour of work.

I saw the LG L246W at Future shop where I bought it, and thought I would give it a try. After a week of using it for work and gaming, I am very satisfied with it, my only complaint is that the menu buttons are not as intuitive as on the Gateway but at least the image is not hurting my eyes. I did turn down the brightness just a little.

For the price (750$ CAN), I would recommend it.

That's what I paid too. I lowered both brightness and contrast to about 55-60 each which seems good. Hmm, I cannot remember which one was brightness and contrast, but the vertical (up/down) button setting made the most difference. The other left/right control seemed to have very little effect. The buttons actually are far better than the ones on my gateway 2185fpw.

If the 24" panels are all similiar, I wonder why some rate at 6ms and others like the LG are 8ms?

Rob

2407WFP A02 for me, quite possibly the best monitor I've ever owned, really awsome. The 4 year warranty ain't too shabby either. :p

244T Samsung, and love it. Only complaint, after 9 months or so it seems small:D

I have the 2407 (A04) and I love it. Its bright and looks awesome in games. My only problem is not with the monitor but with (me). :D

I've been bitten by the size bug and that 37 Westy 1080p is starting to really call to me. Gaming on a 24 inch monitor is great, but PC gaming on a 37inch? Damn I hate this hobby :)

I got the 2405fpw.

How do I change the settings? Like whenever I go to image setting, everything is greyed out and won't let me choose them.

Just means your GPU drivers took over. Go through the appropriate menus to adjust brightness/contrast/etc.

*Ahh, and for the thread, been in the 24" club since last April.

LG 24, the L245WP. Same as the L246WP. I think though that the buttons are on different sides. Overall impression is great. I play 3rd person shooters a lot, I needed a LCD with the less amount of lag. The monitor does not run hot and is quiet as a monitor should be.

Purchased the Dell 2407 A04. Play bf2142 all the time, picture is fantastic. I have played over 400 hours of bf2142 the last 50 on the 2407 and I could not be happier.

Back