Artic Silver working great??!??!

gclg2000

Gawd
I've just added some Artic Silver 5 to my water cooling blocks. Anyways, my buddy came over to check out my new water loop, and i turned off my dual 120mm helicopter fans (semi loud) on my radiator to allow for the noise level of pump to be heard. We decided to see how much difference the 2 120mm fans actually make so we left them off and played far cry a little and watched the temps climb to 48 C under load (with no fans turning on radiator), anyways it was totally silent and impressive. However when i turned it back on and cooled the water back down, my idle temps were now 2 C lower than before. I've always read about the "burn in time" for AS5 (going on 2 days now). And by burn in, do they mean settling by normal use, or does the "heating" up of my blocks due to the fans not running on the radiator help burn it in? Maybe 2 hours of no fans on the radiator going. Now its back to normal and 34 C idle with my CPU very overclocked and 9800pro at 475mhz.... SO i know its putting out some heat. Is this accurate statement?

how much did you apply at installation........a VERY small ammount goes a long way......perhaps the higher temps allowed a little excess to flow allowing the blocks to seat better.......just a thought......... :D

Supposedly the repeated expansion and contraction due to heating and cooling allows the silver particles to settle and interlock with each other, forming a more direct route for heat conduction than silver particles suspended in a medium.

yeah, thats what i've read. All i applied was barely any, i then took a plastic bag over my finger and rubbed in in real good. I did it correctly, im for sure. Now my temps are dipping into 33 C. Imma do it again and see what happens.

Btw a pic below (sorry kinda blurry). I think what i did is actually making it work great. My temps are now at 33 C consistantly, and like i said thats with 2 blocks in the loop.

HPIM0247.thumb.jpg

Back