Artifacting after several hours

BuddhaRage

n00b
Well, that's my problem. I just installed the new 4.9 drivers. I even reverted back to the 4.8 drivers, but still no luck. I don't know what the problem is.

Athlon XP Barton 2500+ @ 3200+
80 Gig 7200rpm Maxtor
1024 Geil Memory
ATI X800PRO (not overclocked)
Epox 8rda+

heat problems maybe? have you checked the temperature of your card when it starts doing that?

How can I check the temp most efficiently? ATI Tool?

And what should the temp be? I'm at 53C right now idle (no probs yet).

Several hours of what? Idling? Gaming? 53C is a little hot for idling, IMO, but the more important number is the load temp...run a windowed rthdribl until it artifacts and report the temps then.

Ether said:
Several hours of what? Idling? Gaming? 53C is a little hot for idling, IMO, but the more important number is the load temp...run a windowed rthdribl until it artifacts and report the temps then.

Noob question: What's rthdribl?

Open up ATI tool and try setting the fan speed to 100% all of the time. Let it idle for about 5 min and see what your temp is then.

Check your case fans and power supply fan flow. Betcha you have a dead spot under your card. That card is running hot at idle.

Ive had 2 X800Pros, 1 from ATI and 1 from Visiontek, Both almost reached XT-PE Speeds so you must have got a bad card for shizzle.

Back