Artifacts help!

Chaoticon

Gawd
I have a sapphire x1900xt 512, and recently it started leaving artifacts during gameplay. No matter what game I play, as long as its 20min or longer, I slowy get artifacts. For instance in battlefield a random object will artifact after so long, and any instance of that object that may spawn later. Here is an example.
Artifactone-1.jpg

Now usually it's one random object. If I play the same map for a prolonged amount of time, two hours or so, more artifacts become apparent. Now I don't think it's a heat issue, I checked that(I don't have the card overclocked) - for heat I usually see white/black dots everywhere from previous cards. I also checked my system stability with orthos and memtest. Could my VRAM be going bad?

Edit: I've also tried DriverCleaner pro, and a few different driver distributions - from 6.10 to 6.12, omegadrivers to warcat. I've also updated my mobo bios, and locked the pci-e at 100hz.

I have a sapphire x1900xt 512, and recently it started leaving artifacts during gameplay. No matter what game I play, as long as its 20min or longer, I slowy get artifacts. For instance in battlefield a random object will artifact after so long, and any instance of that object that may spawn later. Here is an example.
Artifactone-1.jpg

Now usually it's one random object. If I play the same map for a prolonged amount of time, two hours or so, more artifacts become apparent. Now I don't think it's a heat issue, I checked that(I don't have the card overclocked) - for heat I usually see white/black dots everywhere from previous cards. I also checked my system stability with orthos and memtest. Could my VRAM be going bad?

Edit: I've also tried DriverCleaner pro, and a few different driver distributions - from 6.10 to 6.12, omegadrivers to warcat. I've also updated my mobo bios, and locked the pci-e at 100hz.

You might not think it's heat, but how hot does your card get under load ? Anything above 100º is something to worry about. If it's reaching that temperature or above, try speeding your fan cycle to 100% and play the game.
It should cool your card enough, to prevent it from reaching such high temperatures. This should take the heat problem, out of the question.
If you still get artifacts, then yes, your card might be defective and you should RMA it.

If the temps high, clean out the dust in the HSF. It works, made a 40C differnce in my card.

If the temps high, clean out the dust in the HSF. It works, made a 40C differnce in my card.

Yeah, exactly! I actually forgot to mention the dust! I recently had to clean the dust off my card. Because of it, the cards temperatures increased about 15º.

I cleaned the card, there wasn't much dust in the first place...it's only a couple months old. It doesnt get above 75-80, which is why I said it probably isn't a heat problem.

I haven't noticed any problems with mine (1900XT 512mb) but with certain games it will overheat and the ATI utility will underclock it. The strange thing is it will do this more on the startup/menu than in the actual game. I've cleaned it multiple times so dust isn't an issue so I'm starting to believe it's a problem with the card. The problem seems to have lessened recently so I'm just going to hope it doesn't crap out on me. And besides, I'm too lazy to RMA it and have to wait for another card.

my sapphire X1900XT crapped out on me also... sent back to newegg because it kept blacking out randomly during game loads.....

Newegg refunding me the $300 which will go towards a 8800GTS or something in that range :)

But yeah, that's defintely memory overheating.

Back