Artifacts in L4D...

GJohn

[H]ard|Gawd
Last time i saw something like this was with my 7900GTX in BF2

Power is good, everything runs very cool...i don't know why all of sudden it did this...:mad:

98370664pp4.jpg

21277035ps7.jpg

I got this same thing the other day and it lasted through the lever and then went away. Everything on my setup was A'ok as well. It's never happened again. I wouldn't worry about it unless it's coming up all the time.

Have you checked the game files integrity or used the steam defrag?

When was the last time you defragged you hdd?

I remember reading some where that happens with corrupt graphic files in source.

Yeah, that looks like corruption - defrag, and if it persists, reinstall.

It happens when you alt-tab out of the game, then resume playing it again.

Try playing the game for a bit without alt-tabbing out...see if you still get those artifacts.

your hardware is fine.

its definately a software issue.

the game probably couldnt reload a texture at some point, due to a bottleneck between hard drive and vram. its more common than you think.

It's a known bug with the engine. Happens when you alt-tab and go back into the game occasionally.

conole will probably give you a little bit more of a clue...

go to the main menu screen, options, keyboard, "advanced", "enable developers console (`)"

the ` key is the one left of the 1 key. Hit it while your in the area thats doing that and itl fill with red text... or it wont, never the less that issue is in software, its the source engine, not your card. The reflected texture is a new texture, its not the texture its reflecting (if that makes any sense lol), and its a specific type of texture, not some normal texture file, so the engines loading it in wrong, and whenever the engine does that, to stop from crashing it loads in a purplish pink and black checkerboard and runs with that. The reason it doesnt look like a checkerboard is because of other opticle effects.

edit: I dont actually know whats going on with those white objects though...

maybe it is a hardware problem. Any other problems in any other games?

Try TeamFortress 2 (if you dont have it buy it its the best damn $10 you'll ever spend) (edit: or $20 :()

Yup got that a lot on my old X800 Pro if I would do something like change the resolution without restarting the game. It would happen for all Source engine games. Restarting the game always fixed it.

Back