As requested..Riva Success Poll!

Sucess?

• Total voters

ElementK

Limp Gawd
Teh 1337 Votage! If you only have 6 vp enabled, put that in the thread.

Mine may qualify as a partial sucess. I'm running at 12x1, 6vp. No pipelines, but I have the vertex processor working.

(BFG 6800 OC) pixel unit 3 hardware masked, vertex unit 3 hardware masked.

my brand isn't listed: inno3d running 16x1,6vp no artifacts using nv silencer (don't know if the silencer is the reason for success)

Another success here, Galaxy GeForce 6800 with 16x1 and 6 vp running without any artifacts or problems of any kind. Using stock cooler, but the cooler on this thing is a monster and i never had any doubt it would be sufficient...

should have had
- Other Yes
- Other No

The percentages are going to be misleading b/c if one brand has a lot of yes's AND no's it looks better, than another brand with only 3 yes's and 0 no's (percentage wise). Even though the lower one has 100% sucessrate from our sample.

Just remember only compare your brand yes to your brand total to get the % you might be successful

Ex:

If you have BFG

BFG YES / (BFG YES + BFG NO) = successrate

"Another success here, Galaxy GeForce 6800 with 16x1 and 6 vp running without any artifacts or problems of any kind. Using stock cooler, but the cooler on this thing is a monster and i never had any doubt it would be sufficient..."

Where did you get the galaxy?

BFG 16x1 all 6 vertex shaders no image degredation period. running it @ 389-850. thrilled with the product.

Built a system for a co-worker using a eVGA 6800nu to keep costs down...complete success and succesfully made it through looping benches overnight.

Friend's eVGA didn't unlock and he doesn't go to this forum so I voted for him. :D

bah, inno3d 6800 - unlocked vertex unit but piplines damaged... 12x1 / 6

BFG - 12x1 6vp. Partial success (I count it as a failure though since the extra vertex unit doesn't help as much as the extra pipes would). Pipes unlock with artifacts.

eVGA, pipes and vertex unites unlocked. computer beeped, but I have absolutely no idea why. but graphically everything ran perfectly.

this is a helpful guide on how to unlock using rivatuner. after i found it i unlocked my leadtek to a full 16x1 6vp.

3dmark05 before- 3270
after-3924

going to try oc'ing the core and memory clocks later tonight and test some games for artifacts.

eVGA 6800nu, Unlocked all pipes and vertex shaders with no problems. I have heard that the ones with the silver strap on the molex connector are the good ones. Mine has the silver strap on the molex and it worked great. It might just be hear say though.

My leadteak 6800LE is a kind of success:

8/6 not artifacts at all
12/6 only tiny red dots in far cry, nothing in Doom, Half life or 3DMark etc.
16/6 some artifacts but still playable in most games.

Using latest drivers but I noticed that older drivers get less artifacts ;)

anybody tried older drivers to decrease artifacts?

By the way I have had other Leadteak 6800LE with 8/6 not artifacts and 12/6 with some artifacts (16/6 with lots of artifacts).

Back