ASRock 939 Dual Video Problem

invalid_

Limp Gawd
I am using a 6600GS PCIe as my main card and want to use an old radeon 7500 AGP for tv. When I have both cards in the system wont boot, and the screen shows no picture at all. If I use only one, it works fine.

How can I get it to allow me to use both cards? Or is it not possible with this board to use both AGP and PCIe at the same time?

Thanks rf. I did have the AGP installed and running first with no problems. Then I received my 6800GS and installed it. Thats when it stopped booting. I then took out the AGP card and all was fine.

I think I am going to try it now backwards. See what happens. lol

Im stumped.

why not select either AGP or PCIE as the default card? I think it defaults to PCI in the bios is the only reason I say anything like this. Selecting one or the other might straighten things out. WHO KNOWS!

I had my 6800gt agp and a barrowed 7800gt pci working ok for a bit to play but I then
tried my old 9800pro in place of the 68 and I got the same thing you are describing. I could not keep the 78 long enough to really tinker but I just chalked it up to Ati and Nv just can't get along that close together. Good Luck and do post if you get it to work and how you did it for the rest of us. Thanks

Ok I put in the AGP again and this time it booted fine. I then went into the BIOS and had it use PCIE as default. Everything now is great as far as running both cards, but now I have a new problem.

The secondary cards entire purpose is for TV. I cannot load the TV program now though. I am assuming its a driver issue. How can I correct this? Is it not possible?

I have a 7500 AIW card.

Back