Asus 1000HA (yes, HA, not HE) now with chiclet keyboard

Mysticode

Gawd
Asus has/is releasing their 1000HA model with a keyboard upgrade, the chiclet style of the newer 1000HE. Other than that, it's all the same stats of the original 1000HA... 160gb HDD, 10" screen, Atom N270, 1gb memory, average 7 hour battery. The benefit of this is you get the newer keyboard style, on a cheaper model netbook, due to the last gen N270 processor.

Thought you guys might want to know :cool:

Hey that is pretty cool... I think it's a smart idea for ASUS. I have been seeing the 1000HA's for $330, which is a great price considering, but I picked up the 1000HE for $360 with extra ram so the $30 is easily justified imo.

I got the 1000HE for $500 Canadian with tax, which is equivalent to what you paid. Damn exchange rate :(

I'm still on 1GB though, haven't bought a RAM upgrade yet. What convinced you to upgrade to 2gb?

How do you know if you're getting an old model or a new model keyboard? Isn't the model number the same? The new HA should have the shift key to the left of the up arrow, just like the HE right? The pics on newegg still show the old model... hrm.

edit: I figured it out. the new 1000HA is labeled EPC1000HA-BLK026X instead of the old EPC1000HA-BLK001X -- at least at zipzoomfly anyway.

Last edited:
Back