Asus 24" LED Monitor...anyone familiar with these?

Hello, needing to upgrade my monitor because its not hdcp compliant. :rolleyes:

My budget is $200 max. I saw this in todays Frys ad:

Asus VE248H

They are $204 on Newegg but are on sale at Frys for $179 with a $20 rebate making it $159.

Seems to have lots of good reviews. It will be used for gaming on a newly build rig (specs in sig). I mostly play racing games i.e NFS Shift, NFS Hot Pursuit, Dirt 2, ect.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:
There are no reviews for that model. Get the vh236h, cnet gave it a good review and it is the official MLG monitor.

There are no reviews for that model. Get the vh236h, cnet gave it a good review and it is the official MLG monitor.

From what I've gathered, they are the same monitor except that one is LED and the other is CCFL.

I am thinking about this to upgrade a Samsung 2232BW+ (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824001310) to a slightly larger screen (I code, play games including FPSes and general purpose). I've given up on the idea of getting a 16:10 - they just don't exist without going IPS or 120Hz. This going to make me sad? There is some ghosting on my monitor now, but I don't notice it much...this going to be an up/downgrade?

Picked up the deal from Frys...figured I'd just take it back if it didn't work out. Tried all my games on max settings and they look amazing! No lag, ghosting or whatever some folks were experiencing. Maybe those who gave negative reviews had other issues which affected the performance of the monitor. I know Newegg isn't the best place for reviews but 200+ of those people gave it 5 eggs for a for a reason. :D

Back