Asus A8n-sli

Mr. Jones

Limp Gawd
Did any one see this ASUS [H] Board

Its a new board with sli form asus. If you have seen it do you know when it will be out. Thinking of this board w/ a 3000 9nm and a 6600GT PCI-E.

That setup sounds identical to what I want - but when is this coming out?!?!? Getting tired of waiting...

Since PCI-e doesnt seem to be any faster, The A8V with the 6600GT AGP is sounding pretty good right now...

dual 6600 gt's is still slower than a single 6800 gt.

and you can get an agp 6800gt for around 350 or less. which is less than 2x 6600gt's by alot.

me personally. im gunna wait till the price of the PCI-E 6800gt's drops down around 350 or so like the AGP versions of it, and then upgrade with one of those. and then get a second 6800gt later down the road

Aris said:
dual 6600 gt's is still slower than a single 6800 gt.

and you can get an agp 6800gt for around 350 or less. which is less than 2x 6600gt's by alot.

me personally. im gunna wait till the price of the PCI-E 6800gt's drops down around 350 or so like the AGP versions of it, and then upgrade with one of those. and then get a second 6800gt later down the road
dual 6600's are only 10 dollars more expensive than a single 6800gt (agp). But I will probably end up going down the same road you are planning.

Its coming out in December. I got an email from a friend, i will get the link to you guys when i get a chance. And Always Stay [H]

Im ready to buy Money in Hand !!! How much do you think it will retail for $200.00?

ASUS A8N SLI DELUXE
w/ 3500+ Winchester
GIMMEE!!

BRING ME!!!!

I saw these prices

Vanilla Nforce 4
$100 Range

Nforce 4 Ultra
$150 Range

Nforce 4 SLI
$200 Range

wow i like the sound of sub 200 lol ..
as much as i want an sli board .. i might wait it out for the dfi one

Ill have to wait to see how it OCs. If it isn't adjustable in voltage on and have functional Locks and so on its not interesting at all. Otherwise Ill have to admit that it looks SUPER :D But I just realized that Ill habe to give my Bro my Enemax 465W PSU and get something larger...

I wanna see what MSI has to offer... i guess since reviewers ore getting boards we may have an sli board roundup by mid to late December

well its up for preorder on this site
www.ncix.com

its in canada .. the us price according to their site is 276 .. but it should drop cuz they dont know how much it will cost .. so they said pricing could change once they get them

Mr. Jones said:
A8N-SLI Hey here is the link with the release date.

I really hate to rain on your parade guys, but even if this beast is released in early December, how easy do you think it will be to get one before Christmas ? Lets say you are able to get one, your dream system would (I assume) include 2 PCI Express 6600 GT's or even 6800 GT's (Ultra's ? You got $1500 lying around just to spend on video cards ?).

How easy do you think it's gonna be to get those 2 PCI-E 6x00 GT's when everybody else (who has the cash) is also trying to buy the same thing from the same limited supply ?

After all, can you walk into any Best Buy, Circuit City, etc. and get even an AGP version of the 6800GT, 6800 Ultra, or even an ATI x800XT Platinum ON ANY GIVEN DAY ? No, you cannot! The top NVidia and ATI offerings were released in the Spring and here it is 6 months later and you still cannot EASILY get your hands on one AT A REASONABLE PRICE. E-Tailers (NewwEgg, etc.) will have much better selections and stock levels, but that's also hit or miss.

I too like the upgrade path potential with the SLI option, but seeing as it took me several weeks to EASILY get my hands on my AGP BFG 6800GT OC, I can only wonder what the NForce4/SLI option will do to the retail supply of the (barely available) PCI Express GeForce 6x00 GT's and Ultra's in the coming months.

Ah yes, the hype machine is working extremely well in this case. And the rule of supply & demand only benefits NVidia and it's board partners in this case. IMHO, $600 for a single AGP video card is insane! BFG 6800 Ultra (never mind what they want for a PCI-E ATI X800XT that's not even in stock) ATI X800 XT.

covertclocker said:
$276 is in CND. Its probably going to hit 190's or so USD

I think you made a mistake dude. I just checked it and it said $339 CAD for the motherboard.

Mr. Jones said:
Did any one see this ASUS [H] Board

Its a new board with sli form asus. If you have seen it do you know when it will be out. Thinking of this board w/ a 3000 9nm and a 6600GT PCI-E.
I'll never be able to afford this board and fill it up with the proper componants.

Im sure it's gonna be in the $200 Range for sure.. I think Retailers charging 250+ right now are trying to capatilize on the fact that supply and demand are way off.

Back