Asus A8N VM CSM in stock?

well with 3 day shipping, it gets you to $120... as for the reviews, the 1 guy was an idiot about the price difference, all companies do that, and it looks like if you get the right thing you are good, otherwise you are screwed... lol

I am just worried that this is a pre-order and isn't really in stock. Since all of the other e-tailers show on "Back-order" or "Pre-Order", I somehow doubt that this no-name place has them.

I emailed ZZF.com asking when the Asus and the other 6150 boards they have listed on their site are supposed to arrive. Maybe get some ballpark figure. Hopefully they respond.

I am on ZZF's back order alert as well :D
Im just waiting for the fateful emails :)
Why oh why is it so difficult to build ur ideal PC? hmm?

yep, I am on that alert list also.

I want to order the motherboard tomorrow, and I was just going to get the Gigabyte one, but now I want the asus one!

FYI, I have the Gigabyte board, and can get the fsb up to 275 when I lower my multiplier, and set ram at 100. Currently I'm running a san diego 3700+ (2.2Ghz) at 11x240 (2.64Ghz) with some Geil pc4400 ram at 2.5 3 3 7 1T. This is without vcore adjustment, as that is the big drawback of the gigabyte board, the lack of votage settings for neither cpu nor ram. I thought the 430 southbridge was more worth it, as I'll use this for 6 months, and see what the best 6150/430 board out is... Possibly upgrade to a X2 processor at the same time :p

CRaZYMoFo said:
Why oh why is it so difficult to build ur ideal PC? hmm?

because the day after you buy what you THINK you want, the latest chipset/motherboard/cpu/gpu/PS etc. is released :D

and don't forget the wait for it to be released in a mATX formfactor....

I meant that it is almost impossible to get all the parts for the PC without paying premium. Not that something new will be released :D
Good point though. Do you think gigabyte will release a new bios that will allow for vcore changes?

Normally I would just get the Biostar 6100/410 and wait for the better boads to come out and swap, but now that I'm watercooled, it's a major PITA to dissasemble everthing. It was a big job trying to shoehorn my 850XT into my Q-Pack with the water cooling.

MassiveOverkill said:
Normally I would just get the Biostar 6100/410 and wait for the better boads to come out and swap, but now that I'm watercooled, it's a major PITA to dissasemble everthing. It was a big job trying to shoehorn my 850XT into my Q-Pack with the water cooling.

yeah, thats one reason I put the kaboshes to the idea of wc'ing my qpack.. its a tight enough fit already.

PC-HAngover said:
sounds good, let us know

Just called. They are taking pre-orders for shipment on friday.
I think my plans are changing though. I just might end up with an Antec Super Lanboy and a DFI nf4 Ultra-D mobo.
I will still build an SFF soon though :D Just not as my main rig.

Cool, so I take it we have to call ZZF direct and pre-order?

I think I just may do this as I need 2 of these boards before the end of November.

CRaZYMoFo said:
Just called. They are taking pre-orders for shipment on friday.
I think my plans are changing though. I just might end up with an Antec Super Lanboy and a DFI nf4 Ultra-D mobo.
I will still build an SFF soon though :D Just not as my main rig.

Which retailer? ZZF is taking the preorders for shipment on friday?

Okay.. shipments on Friday.. then that may mean ZZF will get them that day as well.... I wonder if they would tell us.

I ordered two of these from neximaging. Let's see if they actually ship today, and if I get hosed on them or not.

Instead of starting a new topic, I will just ask here. Is this the best motherboard in terms of features and reliability out now? I am not overclocking. I realize there are no benchmarks yet but I am building an Qpack system and want the best motherboard I can get for my x2 3800+. I looked at the faq at the top and the jetway and biostar seem to be the best out right now.

Dear Valued Shopper:

You had recently requested to be notified when the item,
247026: Asus A8N-VM CSM nForce 430/GeForce 6150 Athlon 64(FX)/64 X2 Dual-Core Skt939 DDR M-ATX Motherboard w/Audio, Gigabit LAN, RAID/Serial ATA Retail ***Free 2nd Day***
becomes available again for purchase on ZipZoomFly.com.
This item has indeed come back in stock -- come by and pick it up now!

Click here to go directly to the item page:
http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=247026

Hope to see you online soon!

- The Staff at ZipZoomFly

Just came in :)

NewEgg has them in too.

Does anyone know if the problem with ASUS motherboards and Antec HE PSUs has been resolved?

ToastMaster said:
NewEgg has them in too.

Does anyone know if the problem with ASUS motherboards and Antec HE PSUs has been resolved?

Actually the Newegg verision is the 6100/410 A8N-VM. You know I knew I should have waited 1 more day before buying the gigabyte. Oh well, I will never need the on-board video anyway, so i guess it doesn't make a difference. :rolleyes:

cc2096 said:
Actually the Newegg verision is the 6100/410 A8N-VM.

Nope, Newegg has the A8N-VM CSM with the 6150/430 combo instock.

edit: $88 at the egg. I cancelled from ZZF at $110 a piece.

valve1138 said:
Nope, Newegg has the A8N-VM CSM with the 6150/430 combo instock.

edit: $88 at the egg. I cancelled from ZZF at $110 a piece.

Linky? Cause damned if I can't find it.... :confused:

cc2096 said:
Actually the Newegg verision is the 6100/410 A8N-VM. You know I knew I should have waited 1 more day before buying the gigabyte. Oh well, I will never need the on-board video anyway, so i guess it doesn't make a difference. :rolleyes:

I ordered the gigabyte a day before the Asus was posted on newegg too!
I will also be using a 7800gt and not the onboard video.
Hopefully that is the only difference between the two boards.

They had -em at zzf, newegg, and buy.com. Remember: if you want TV-out on this board, you have to buy it directly from ASUS.

Anyone know which is better, the onboard video on this board or a radeon x300? I have an x300 and wondering if I should put it in.

Back