Asus A8V Deluxe or MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum which one to choose

tailhook

n00b
Hi
I'm ready to pull the trigger on one of these 2 boards I can't find anything bad on either one
My thought is I am going to use a gf6800 video card with this set up So I'm thinking the NV chip set may play with the gf6800 a little better Any thoughts!!
Thanks
J

So far I'm a big fan of my neo2, but as you will see if you check any of the other threads, you want to make sure you have the right memory setup (ideally 2x512mb with compatible RAM) and know that if you plan to overclock you cannot use 2 of the SATA ports. Since my memory works and I'm not overclocking, the board is fantastic and I have yet to have a problem.

I just ordered thr A8V-Deluxe 2 days ago, will let you know about it when I get it. I've only heard fantastic things about it.

I had major probs with the msi. Go for the asus if thats your olny choice.
I went for the Epox EP-9NDA3+ and its working fine
I also have the Abit av8 and I am pleased with that also (besides the damn bios issue when I first got it)

Thanks Everyone
I went with the Asus AV8 deluxe, 1g of kingston value ram kit 3200ddr, retail amd 939 3000+,PNY gf6800
The ram wasn't the best choice to OC but I want to make sure this sucker will work properly but thats's what kingston and asus recommended for the ram..The rest will come out of my old pc
I should have it by the weekend So I'll post how it turns out

Back