Asus A8V sli premium or deluxe?

Neither, wait 10 days and buy the a8n32 sli it will let you run sli and with both pci express 16 slots at 16X. Both of the ones you mentioned will drop em down to 8x a piece. If you had already had one I would say your fine with what you got. Patience grasshopper and you will not regret. :D

I don't think the difference will be right away. Maybe when you put 8x AA and 16 X AF or SLI AA 16X you will get better performance. But the main thing is future cards like the G80 may bennefit greatly. I think the mobo should be a 3 generation investment. If he doesn't see bennefits right away He'll see then with G80 or something further down the road.

A8n32 only $70 more. kinda expensive if u ask me. then again if urr getting it to put 2 7800s it doesn't matter. Otherwise save your $

As I understand it SLI requires the cards to talk back and forth quite a bit, so there might be a larger increase in performance from the extra bandwith than one might think at first.

Lord_Exodia said:
I don't think the difference will be right away. Maybe when you put 8x AA and 16 X AF or SLI AA 16X you will get better performance. But the main thing is future cards like the G80 may bennefit greatly. I think the mobo should be a 3 generation investment. If he doesn't see bennefits right away He'll see then with G80 or something further down the road.

by then the processor socket hes using will be old hat

eh I don't know sideous(sorry if misspelled) Socket 939 is in amd's roadmap through the end of 2006. Heck even quadcores will be s939. Also 1 extra thing I noticed. I believe this mobo has a pci e 4x slot which is cool it will eventually be the next hot slot for sound or even ageia physics cards. Both creative and ageia said they would use the pci e 4x bus for future cards.

yeah I'm getting the new asus regardless b/c wtf else is out there that might actually run sli and have a chance of being compatible w/ the f----ing x-SUPERDUPERMtotheBIGOLEF-----ing-fi that I love/hate so much? it's all about the latest and greatest my friends!

Back