Asus all-in-one touch screen acting up...

Circuitbreaker8

Supreme [H]ardness
Alright guys, I can't tell whether this is a software issue or a hardware issue. I am trying to build a kiosk with a flash based touch activated keyboard. I'm not sure which model Asus it is, but it has touch screen capabilities.

Anyways, the on-screen keyboard is part of a flash page that requires people to enter their information. However, I cannot get the touch to work accurately. For example, if someone were to spell "John", they would touch the letter J, and the cursor will remain there until you lift your finger and hit "o", however, it will either not respond or not detect the letter unless you press multiple times or go VERY slowly (or poke at it :p ) I need to figure out a way to have the transitions extremely smooth and ipod-like

It is running on Windows 7 and it seems like whatever settings I mess with in the pointer/touch area do absolutely nothing.....any help?

Last edited:
Please find out the exact model Asus you have.

But if you really want to rule out a hardware or software issue, a quick and dirty way of doing so is to get another Asus All in one touch and see if it exhibits the same issue.

Back