Asus IPS panel is nothing special TN is just as good

Comixbooks

Fully [H]
Here I thought I would be getting this awesome monitor TN is just as good. The thing with IPS you have darker blacks ok so you might have to turn the brightness up a hair to look better because it displays the black as black so darker videos will be harder to see.
Games look better but then again they look darker because of the blacks which the TN panel did just fine. Viewing angles is the only thing I would get the monitor for.

Eyestrain is no better then a TN it's the same thing on IPS I strained my eyes for the first two days but it got better using it this week.

This is just my opinion

fry.PNG

May I ask what monitors did you use to came up with this?

I might have the wrong link but I have a IPS it says in on the screen bezel on the left side.

you are comparing cheaper 6-bit IPS to TN. The main advantage here is viewing angles. To see the more impactful traits of IPS, you need to jump to more spendy 8-bit IPS panels.

I went from cheap Asus TN 248h-p to screens in my sig. The viewing angles are a god send for my surround setup (in portrait or landscape) but colors and blacks are very similar b/c these too are cheap 6-bit IPS.

Back