ASUS Is The Choice of Gaming Champions

HardOCP News

[H] News
Gaming has evolved into a leading growth industry and dynamic motivator for the technology sector, as CeBIT 2010 further illustrates. It's a massively popular pastime drawing people, all united through thrilling entertainment. ASUS shares the passion, maintaining a tradition of ingenuity aimed at meeting the needs of gamers both with the hardcore Republic of Gamers brand (ROG) and powerful mainstream solutions. It seeks to innovate and introduce new exciting ways to enjoy gaming, believing it should be natural to take up rather than complicated.

Asus hardcore Republic of Gamers brand (ROG) = charge consumers an extra $100 bucks for stuff that should already be on a mobo to begin with, at a more reasonable price point. Since no ROG board to date as been the fastest mobo on the market across the board, which is what gamers generally shoot for in the 1st place, go figure.

This sort of seems like a generic post...A little advertising? Not that I really mind, I use several Asus products and have found many of them to be excellent quality and reasonably priced.

I bought the Asus Xtreme X850XT Platinum Edition video card back in the last days of single core and it was the only product in that computer that ever gave me a problem. It was constantly overheating running stock speeds until I got a new fan for it. I would hardly call Asus the choice of champions and I am a former champion.

The BIOS of ASUS mobos (and I guess every mobo out there) is terrible, terrible Engrish translations. Can be very hard to understand

I have always been happy with gigabyte boards. They tend to perform just as well as the asus boards most of the time if you do some research before buying usually for 1/2 the price.

uuuh... no one saw this:

Graphics cards are the frontier of PC gaming, and the Republic of Gamers goes where none have ventured before with the limited-edition ARES. A mothership of a graphics card, it possesses dual Radeon HD5870 GPUs and 4GB of GDDR5 RAM for 23% greater performance than a top-of-the-line Radeon HD5970. As such, ARES is a limited production run, and units are sure to become a rarity. The oversized massive custom fan increases airflow by up to 600% compared to reference, yet ARES is decidedly quieter than reference. In space no one can hear you win. They feel it.

i do think thats pretty crazy...

Whether this is a paid plug or not, I've always been very happy with Asus products over the years. Their video cards and motherboards have always served me well, and they offer up some nice midrange laptops for the price. And they pretty much started the netbook craze.

Who says you have to buy the ROG brand? Of course it's marketing, but most gamers don't use the ROG products to their full potential anyways. It's hard to criticise something that isn't used properly to begin with. Most people buy ROG products to show others they have it. I choose Asus products because they have the features I'm looking for.

Rampage II Gene is hands-down the best mATX socket 1366 board out there. DFI can't touch it. I've hated every Gigabyte board I've ever laid hands upon. They need to add a Y on to their GA model designations.

Back