Asus M6BNe first impressions

TheCzar said:
you sould consider getting the serial-usb dongle for the palm, it is much more convenient and costs like $20...I use it for my palmIIIxe and my dad's palmV

Do you have a part number or a link to this?

intense

sorry intense, but after some serious searching of the palmOne site they don't seem to be offering it anymore, they seem to be only selling stuff for their more modern products...the one I use is several years old...

vapb400 said:
do all slim cd drives fit?
is this the specific one you used?
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=27-151-053&depa=1
where did you buy the laptop from?

no. it only fits with a special spacer/connector that asus puts ont he drive. if you have hte spacer thing, you can put it on any drive, but the only way you can get the spacer is to buy a drive from asus, this was already covered in the thread, there are many pics and a discussion about it. the barebones are at store.alphapcstore.com

I'm kinda confused from some of the posts here. Is it possible not to use the optical drive and fit an additional battery in there? I don't really mind not using an optical drive.

yes, you can purchase a second battery to place in the bay instead of using an optical drive. supposidly puts the battery life at around 8 hours...

Back