Asus N66U Won't DHCP Wired Connections

Carlosinfl

Loves the juice
I have an Asus RT-N66U wireless N router which has been working great with DD-WRT firmware loaded on it. My problem is that for some reason no wired clients are able to obtain a working DHCP address. Wireless works fine w/ or w/o WPA2 security enabled.

I performed a factory reset on the firmware to bring everything back to default settings. I can see my DHCP is enabled and my start IP = 192.168.1.100/24 & my DHCP offers up 20 leased addresses.

I've even statically set the IP on my workstation to a valid / available IP address & still can't route out. I've swapped Ethernet cables and changed LAN ports on the N66U.

Any suggestions?

How do you know for sure its not getting DHCP? I'm guessing you're verifying it has a Microsoft APIPA given ip of 169.254.xxx.xxx IP when doing an ipconfig /all ?

I'd say try updating the firmware, but if this problem existed while on DD-WRT/Stock Firmware than I doubt it is a software issue and I highly doubt multiple ports are bad on the switch. Can you confirm the ports on the router are indeed working with some other device via Ethernet? This would serve as two purposes of proving either the ports are good/dead and whether DHCP is/isn't working. It isn't uncommon for onboard NIC's to die and if you never bothered with it until now you might not have even installed the driver for it (verify and update it possible).

I'm thinking the NIC port in the machine is bad.

Back