ASUS Official X79 Motherboards Support Thread

hi cisco guy,
yes its a new build, the problem is there from the first boot.
yes hd audio is enabled (check picture)
check screenshot for device manager and playback devices
my water cooling is mounted on the top part of the cabinet (see the picture)
i use an altec lansing 2.1, i plug in the jack in lime color port (thats what the manual suggests), i also tried using ear phones in front audio panel.
i dont understand your last suggestion :(
edit: one error in device manager is for thermaltake water extreme

cabinet pic1
http://i.imgur.com/cXc7JTb.jpg
cabinet pic2
http://i.imgur.com/hmyiEWU.jpg
bios
http://i.imgur.com/jKnhkFJ.jpg
desktop
http://i.imgur.com/liDlZEQ.jpg
device manager
http://i.imgur.com/I4hwuZA.jpg
sound devices
http://i.imgur.com/6pSMBvJ.jpg

Last edited:
Hi. Just for information SB-E supports quad channel memory.
I would suggest obtaining a quad channel memory kit.
And regarding your radiator, if space permits I would change the fan positions so they push the air out of the case.
And cutting away the perforated metal behind the rear fan allows better air flow.

Last edited:
i know xiter but unfortunately the ram prices are so high where i am at that i am using whatever i got my hands on, the case wont allow fans to be mounted in push position the ram heatsink is in the way. i might get two smaller fans below but thats for later.

thats some strange stuff - never seen anything like that before
where are you getting O/S from and by what manner?
You need to do a CRC check on your O/S ISO
A "cracked" Win 7/8 might do this
Did you get mobo from retail dealer in sealed box?
I would download a Win 7 ISO direct from MS and use 30 day trial, then use factory CPU cooling with mobo outside of case
There is something very wrong here, since even your vidcard itself should show an audio, even if RT chip is shorted/fried. I would also look for damaged/burned traces on mobo with 5X magnifying glass, and try a new miniport stereo cable also.

ili9s0C.jpg

tFjFT1r.jpg

i know xiter but unfortunately the ram prices are so high where i am at that i am using whatever i got my hands on, the case wont allow fans to be mounted in push position the ram heatsink is in the way. i might get two smaller fans below but thats for later.

I understand the economics behind that decision. I hope you get your sound problem fixed. Unfortunately I can not help with that part.

Asus P9X79 Deluxe mobo I can not update my bios past 2104.
When i tried the first time, after the update, my system wouldn't recognize my HDD's. I tried bios version 3009, 3203, 3305. I even tried a new bios chip with 3009 already flashed and have the same problem.
I beleive it's because my system HDD are configured as a MBR format and not GPT format.
I also have my SATA set to RAID as I have a RAID0 array. I have updated all Windows updates, and all ASUS drivers. I've cleared the CMOS, etc.

The latest bios 4302 for the Asus P9X79 Deluxe FINALLY fixes this problem.

Just found another GPU and tried it in place of my usual one, and no difference. Will try another PSU next.
Discovery: I tried booting my trusty Windows XP LiveCD and got an identical BSOD so I no longer suspect my Windows installation of being corrupted.

Before I buy an Ivy E cpu I want to make sure my ASUS Rampage IV Gene will support it. I installed the latest bios and it says it does. Just want to confirm.

thats some strange stuff - never seen anything like that before

here is an update, i got the motherboard replaced, and it detected the realtek sound hardware on the very first boot, so problem was indeed with hardware. when i took the motherboard to service center i left the processor in, when they took the processor out there appeared to be few bent pins at one edge, its impossible to see whether they were really bent or there was some dust or thermal paste, the pins are so tiny on 2011 socket, impossible to check with naked eye. could it be what caused the sound issue? anyway its solved now. unfortunately it still doesnt detect thermaltake water 2 extremes driver, but i dont mind, i think ill connect its fan to cabinets speed control regulator instead.

I have put my build on hold until I can get the new Rampage IV Black. I am told it will be about four weeks from now.

Before I buy an Ivy E cpu I want to make sure my ASUS Rampage IV Gene will support it. I installed the latest bios and it says it does. Just want to confirm.

alls well, early first attempts with nothing much more than a multiplier increase.

47x1002133autoeverything_zpsf2525a6a.jpg~original

I have put my build on hold until I can get the new Rampage IV Black. I am told it will be about four weeks from now.
not much difference here besides the hype, if you hold out mine as well hold out for Haswell-E and the X99. Intel has in store 2 full PCIe3.0 X16 lanes without the PLX for the X99, it's just around the corner.

least when the black edition is released you'll save a penny on the Extreme and subsequent models. The Black Edition is X79, and Intel has released no update or refresh to the chipset, instead they surpass it with X99.

I would not update a present X-79 either but there is always something new on the horizon. As I have been using and incrementally upgrading my i7 920 for almost four years I am doing my next build based on the RIVE Black and the 4930.

that's cool... I bought my x79 in its matured phase too, so I can leap over Haswell-E and get to Skylake/Cannonlake :D

I may even forgo the sli and just stick with one gtx780 till then too... DDR4 should be matured and the sata express is a real bump up.

by then I can put two PCIe 3.0 x16 top of heap gpu's on that PCIe4.0 buss and not have to worry about the plx since for dual sli it'll be history by x99.

Good Evening,

I recently bought a Sabertooth X79 Motherboard and have an interesting issue.

Regardless of the amount of ram, ram speed, brand, etc the motherboard/windows see 2 GB below what is physically installed. In the UEFI, it showed 4 slots populated with corsair 1866 4GB sticks I also tried two 4GB sticks of Gskill 1600 to be sure it wasn't isolated to the RAM.

However the UEFI shows the total available ran to be 14GB on the corsair and 6 with the Gskill.

Windows also reflects the 6/14 amounts.
CPU Z shows 16GB/8

System itself has been rock solid thus far

In adition to swapping RAM, I've also slightly loosened the nuts for the heatsink, reseated the CPU, comfirmed RAM is working properly in an AMD and other X79 board
Also tried using XMP profile and manual settings along with stock

I don't see any bent pins on the DIMM slots nor the CPU socket.

System specs:
Bios ver 4302
16GB Corsair Vengence 1866 DDR3 RAM
Intel Core i7 4820K

Hi,

1) Which operating system?

2) Can you show me a screenshot of task manager performance tab with 16GB installed?

3) have you tried the sticks one by one in the memory slots, to check if all slots are working?

4) Did you use the XMP setting for the DRAM kit?

5) What's the actual part number of the memory kit?

Hi,

1) Which operating system?

Windows 7 Ultimate x64

2) Can you show me a screenshot of task manager performance tab with 16GB installed?

and finally:

3) have you tried the sticks one by one in the memory slots, to check if all slots are working?
Yes, and regardless of slot or stick it still shows 2GB less

4) Did you use the XMP setting for the DRAM kit?
Yes, also tried default and manual settings as well

5) What's the actual part number of the memory kit?

Corsair:
CMZ16GX3M4X1866C9
Gskill:
F3-12800CL9D-8GBSR

Thanks for your response. Will add the screenshot(s) to my post later today.

Last edited:
I just tried to swap out my i7-3930K to an i7-4930K on the Asus P9X79 Deluxe. I got over 20 "unknown devices" in device manager. I tried reinstalling the chipset drivers, then reinstalling everything. Nothing worked until I tried the BETA chipset driver Asus has on it's download page. That cleared up the unknown devices but iRST would crash and the system was very unstable. I finally gave up and reinstalled the i7-3930K. Yes I have the latest bios installed.

Anything on the issue I raised yet?

Not yet - have only just forwarded it. One thing I forgot to ask - was your board pre-flashed to 4302 or did you do it yourself? Can you show me which ME version you have on the system? Go into UEFI>Main, and you should see the ME version displayed in there.

-Raja

EDIT: HQ tells me it is dropping a rank because of instability - you will have to play with voltages and timings to get the system stable it seems.

Last edited:
When I do, iRST stops working.
System operates better with all the unknown devices.

Intel's IRST is a bit buggy at present. I assume you are using the latest IRST as well? If you ar not much I can suggest until Intel patches.

Not yet - have only just forwarded it. One thing I forgot to ask - was your board pre-flashed to 4302 or did you do it yourself? Can you show me which ME version you have on the system? Go into UEFI>Main, and you should see the ME version displayed in there.

-Raja

EDIT: HQ tells me it is dropping a rank because of instability - you will have to play with voltages and timings to get the system stable it seems.

It was preflashed to 4302. I've actually opted for a different RAM setup in my build and will try a few things and let you know the results and perhaps try flashing 4302 again.

Thanks for the assistance.

It was preflashed to 4302. I've actually opted for a different RAM setup in my build and will try a few things and let you know the results and perhaps try flashing 4302 again.

Thanks for the assistance.

Okay, well, I ould have tried the DRAM you have at different speeds/timings and voltages before spending any more money...

What do I do if I get my mobo back from RMA and it's not all fixed? My powerpin is still not right.. nor is my sound...
I am tempted to let it slide... But it is inconvenient, and will probably hurt resale value if I ever do decide to let it go

Conctact RMA for your region again and explain the issues and that you'd like them fixed. If you are based in North America then I can send you the contact details of the CLM team.

I would not venture past DDR3-1600 (or 1866 1DPC on IvyE) for ease-of-use. Anything faster is technically overclocked and could be even harder to get working properly.

Do any of you guys have problems with an ASUS P9X79 board running Windows 7 with hibernation?

Briefly, I had this Win 7 install running on an older ASUS board, H55 chipset (from memory). Worked just fine, including hibernation. Lots of people said that Windows would do OK with a motherboard swap, so that is what I did. I loaded drivers from the ASUS CD, did the board swap, and Windows came up just fine.

Except for hibernation. I'll put the system into hibernation and as soon as the system goes into that mode, then it restarts again, like I had done RESTART (but it doesn't actually reboot.) I've done some searching and I found some references to an "X79 chipset bug" but I cant find any suggestions for how to tweak Windows to work around this bug.

In advance, thanks.

on the asus hero boards, i cant seem to find a Speaker Fill option. am i missing something, or is that gone now? is there any kind of replacement for speaker fill?
OKCs1rh.png

Last edited:
Do any of you guys have problems with an ASUS P9X79 board running Windows 7 with hibernation?

Briefly, I had this Win 7 install running on an older ASUS board, H55 chipset (from memory). Worked just fine, including hibernation. Lots of people said that Windows would do OK with a motherboard swap, so that is what I did. I loaded drivers from the ASUS CD, did the board swap, and Windows came up just fine.

Except for hibernation. I'll put the system into hibernation and as soon as the system goes into that mode, then it restarts again, like I had done RESTART (but it doesn't actually reboot.) I've done some searching and I found some references to an "X79 chipset bug" but I cant find any suggestions for how to tweak Windows to work around this bug.

In advance, thanks.

I'd resinstall the OS - maybe on a spare disk just to debug and take it from there.

on the asus hero boards, i cant seem to find a Speaker Fill option. am i missing something, or is that gone now? is there any kind of replacement for speaker fill?
OKCs1rh.png

I'd ask on the ROG forums. I don't have that board here, so not much I can suggest.

I'd resinstall the OS - maybe on a spare disk just to debug and take it from there.

Raja,

That sounds like a good start. I have tons and tons of apps installed, and lots of tweaks and customizations. I sure don't want to install from scratch, so a scratch test install sounds good.

Actually I've been looking for an excuse to do multi-booting, and you just gave it to me. See this web site to see what I mean: http://www.multibooters.co.uk/index.html

x509

If it's not something from the older chipset carrying over on that install (I have had older chipset installs do this at home), I'd also rule out IRST drivers, Wake On LAN, and try disabling wake timers in the power options within control panel.

Back