Asus or Gigabyte

lodingi

2[H]4U
Choosing a motherboard can be quite daunting. I've narrowed my search to the following 2 boards. I will be overclocking my Q6600. If there is another board I should consider, please list it.

Let me know your thoughts. Thanks.

Asus P5Q Pro

GIGABYTE GA-EP45C-DS3R

I like to second that, Good Luck
I'm having same problem, I was Abit, MSI or FIC guy.
But now I'm trying to decide between Asus, Gigabyte or DFI (P45or X38)
Then I just came across Jetway P45 motherboards (never used jetway are they good)

*Leaning toward ASUS P5Q Pro $139 - $20 Rebate - $20 Promo code = $99

i got a Q6600 and a gigabyte P45 Extreme. running at 3ghz now @ 1.325 which is the stock volatage. P45 is a great overclock chip you can;t really go wrong im limited by heat at the moment the highest ive got so far is 3.6 but i didn;t wanna go any futher cause even at that speed my cpu was getting way to hot need to get a better cooler.

I love my gigabyte motherboard have owned only asus and gigabytes but out of those 2 boards i get the asus although both these brands are great.

I've used ASUS extensively in the past, but now I use Gigabyte. I've had far fewer problems with Gigabyte boards.

Thanks Dan. Good info. I may consider the Biostar. I always considered them low end but it seems they hit both crowds. Now that I think about it, I won't need DDR3 or CF.

So here we go again.

Thanks Dan. Good info. I may consider the Biostar. I always considered them low end but it seems they hit both crowds. Now that I think about it, I won't need DDR3 or CF.

So here we go again.

Biostar low-end:confused:, they have had good ocing boards for a few years at least.(T-Series)

Those are the exact two boards I was debating over when I was looking to build my first computer. I ended up getting both and building one for a friend.

First time to build and OC ever (with a Q6600 as well) He got the one with the P5Q Pro and I have the EP45-DS3R. From a total novice perspective I feel alot more comfortable with the Gigabyte set up than I do with the Asus. I like the bios set up better, the driver installs, and the Gigabyte just seems to boot up much faster (fewer boot up screens).

So I would go for the Gigabyte EP45-DS3R, I have zero regrets.

Oh and FYI, im sitting at 3.2 (356x9) 1.27 vcore, temps running Prime95 (59,59,56,56), idle (35,34,30,32) with Xigmatek HDT-S1283 heatsink and fan. Only thing I adjusted was fsb, vcore is on auto.

I like gigabyte. Most models come with all solid caps. I can't stand blowing caps, so that was a big selling point for me.

Back