Asus P5b Deluxe cd boot problems

kennyc28

Gawd
I cannot get my Windows XP CD to boot. I changed the boot priorty it sits and scans and then its says cannot booot NTLDR (might be a little mixed up) is missing. I don't have another disk to try except windows 98 and I don't have a floppy. Hope you guys can help:confused:

I had this problem a while back it turned out to be a bad IDE cable to the CD-Rom try that out.

do you have your jmicron set to raid or ide in the bios?

If all else fails set defaults and go in and set your boot order again.

What hard drives are you running and are you running them in raid?

I had 2 problems. 1. I bent my ide pin just bent it back and second you must use a 80 wire ide cable otherwise it won't work I spent a whole day trying to figure it but Asus customer service was great and stayed on the phone with me until we fixed it (about 40 minutes). It was crazy a cable did all this stress of course I didn't use the cable that came with the MB

I had 2 problems. 1. I bent my ide pin just bent it back and second you must use a 80 wire ide cable otherwise it won't work I spent a whole day trying to figure it but Asus customer service was great and stayed on the phone with me until we fixed it (about 40 minutes). It was crazy a cable did all this stress of course I didn't use the cable that came with the MB

Glad to hear you got it fixed but whats crazy is we still use IDE for optical drives! The bandwidth may not be an issue but a case would look so much better without it.

Back