Asus P5B Deluxe posting problems.Advice needed.

Kurgen

n00b
repost
I've put together my fair share of pcs in the past but this is the first time that i am stumped as to what my problem could be.

In a nutshell these are the vitals of my setup:

Core 2 Duo E6600
Asus P5B Deluxe w/WiFi
2 gigabytes of Corsair Twin2x2048-6400c4 800mz ddr2 ram
Thermaltake Aluminum Armor Jr.
Enermax Liberty 500w battery
EVGA 7900 GT 512MEG
wd 250 gb hd

My problem is that i cannot get the mb to post at all, and i have tried everything i know of, including a regular P4 640 and different ram, al to no avail.There was also no beeping to warn of the usually problem.I even hooked up a PS2 keyboard and made sure the numlock lights were on.

All the components power up when the turned on, but that's as far as i get.The lcd posts nothing and goes into power saving mode and that's as far as i get with whatever i have tried.I did try Asus tech support 2x which was the worst tech support i have ever encounterd.They offered no help at all besides a general form tech support email.

Is there anyone here that has had the same problem and/or been able to figure out what's going on?

I didn't get anything there either.Not from the pc speaker or a small speaker i had hooked up to the sound output on the mb itself.I know i am not the only one that is having this happen to them, but so far no luck figuring out what is going wrong.

First, try booting with each stick of ram seperately. I actually had a stick of that exact same ram DOA, pulled it and boom, posted fine, got video everything. If that doesnt do it, try clearing cmos, then going down the line with each piece of hardware untill you can post.

I had an inital problem like this. It turned out that i had my waterblock down too tight. i Loosened it up and then it kind of worked. But now it wont post unless i reset the cmos.... every single time .....

Kurgen said:
Is there anyone here that has had the same problem and/or been able to figure out what's going on?

Yes, I had that problem while installing my P5B last night. It's the shitty bios. To get it to post again you have to reset the cmos. Follow the instructions - unplug the power and take out the battery.

Once I got mine to post again, I flashed to an older bios and that fixed the problem for me.

Mine posted on the first try, but for a few hours, the display was going ape. I never attached the firewire header (no need) and it turnes out that it's turned on by default. If you don't disable it - your whole machine will go absolutely nuts. I'm lucky I was able to get into the BIOS at all as both my LCD and an emergency CRT I keep both kept the screen virtually unreadable.

I've got the same exact problem, i have a P5B DLX/WIFI-AP an E6600 and i was screwing with some pqi ram until my TeamGroup was delivered. I was running fine except the ram was giving me a little crap so i relaxed the timings and adjusted the volts and everything was fine so i decided to start to overclock it a bit. I bumped up the FSB just 20MHz's to 286 and that was it, DEAD! Tried to reboot and nothing, no post no beeps, nothing! I the ram cpu and video card to no avail, still no beeps. I bought this a week ago from another forum so i'm SOL as far as a warranty, i'm out a couple hundred bucks!

I never had any problem with the P5B Deluxe WiFi/AP review board. Which was a full retail product.

All the problems I had with the board were not related to POSTing at all.

Though istill have not been able to solve the problem, i have it down to a few possibilities.First off, there are ALOT of P5B vanilla and Deluxe owners out there that are having the same problem.

Some people have reported that the bios shipped with their P5B was not compatible with Conroe's and the problem was solved with an older cpu used for installation.Alot of people have reported that the P5B will not post because ot will not recognize most higher end memory, even not accepting some types of newer Corsair.

I've tried an old P4 640 and the board still didn't post,beep, or anything.I also tried some PQI ddr2 533 and still nothing.I have a replacement P5B Deluxe on the way, so i will try it all over again and post my finding back here when done.

My P5B Deluxe won't post if I have a stick of my Corsair XMS2 6400 RAM in either of the B memory slots. The same sticks work fine in A1 and A2. No problems. I'm not running any special bios OC settings but if I can't put a stick in the B bank, then I can't run in dual channel mode. Should I RMA this board or is there something else I can try? Running 0614 bios. All suggestions appreciated.

BIGmog said:
My P5B Deluxe won't post if I have a stick of my Corsair XMS2 6400 RAM in either of the B memory slots. The same sticks work fine in A1 and A2. No problems. I'm not running any special bios OC settings but if I can't put a stick in the B bank, then I can't run in dual channel mode. Should I RMA this board or is there something else I can try? Running 0614 bios. All suggestions appreciated.

That's pretty wacky. That's exactly what I'm running (4 sticks of 512 on my end, so my board's full) and it's fine. I'd either RMA the board or the RAM...maybe even both to be safe. Since you can't run one without the other, you might as well send it all in.

I was having almost the same problem with my setup. I would press the power button and the system would attempt to boot(all fans going), then after about a second it would shut off for 2 seconds, then power on again. Yet I would never hear the typical post beep, or see any video on my display. However, when I completely pulled the ram and tried to boot...immediately I get beeps, but no power down and back on again...soo just as an experiment, I switch my PQI Turbo PC2-5400 2GB ram with some OCZ Platinum PC2-6400 ram I had in another system and...BAM it fired up on the first try. Everything appears to be working fine with it now. I think there are alot of ram incompatibility issues with this board because the PQI modules work fine in my other system. Try using some different ram if you can to see if that solves your problem.

I am in an RMA process right now because of this bullshit....tried 3 different ram types 4 psu's...3 video cards...nada...so if it aint right this time bye bye asus...

well while i still have POS board i bought some new ram to try and get this mofo to boot....still no go...grrrrrrrrrwhy the fuck would asus release such a flaky board? asus in my opinion used to be revered as one of the best and now this shit? cmon asus get yer shit together or start losing marketshare again.

Back