ASUS P5Q-EM

Now that autumn is here, it's time to kick my 3 year old A64 PC out the door as it's no longer holding up its end of the relationship (especially since we met Photoshop). We've had a great run, but I've had my eye on something smaller and faster, so that leads to my question - does anyone here have any experience with the Asus P5Q-EM uATX board?

Since relationships are fickle, and the Nehalem processors are very attractive, this is likely to be an temporary friend until one of those walk my way. I'm thinking about a Pentium Dual Core E2180 processor since they're cheap dates and are very uninhibited - I've managed to easily get 3Ghz out of the few E2180 PCs I have already set up with friends. That's enough for me right now, especially since the Core2Quads just spend all of your money and come with too much baggage. I like PCs that dress pretty so the case will most likely be a Silverstone SUGO, replacing the shapely Antec P160. I also like PCs that don't talk too much so I'll be replacing the stock Intel cooler with a Scythe Shuriken and getting a quiet 500W power supply. While it's true that I like big video cards I'll probably stay with my X1800 since I no longer have the time to play games.

I am hoping that someone here can be my matchmaker and let me know if the P5Q-EM can be the foundation of all that I desire.

This was absolutely fantastic! Good writing. I'm in the same boat as you, and looking for a better mate. See my question elsewhere on this forum.

Shingoshi

Back