Asus P5W DH Deluxe Troubleshooting

unknownsidhu

Weaksauce
Hey guys, I need some help trouble shooting my desktop. Its running an Asus P5W Deluxe mobo, 2X 1GB OCZ, Enermax Liberty 500, Intel E6400 with an OCZ cooler. Ive been hearing some noise coming from either the cpu or gpu fan, so I decided to fiddle around with the computer last night, trying to figure out what the issue was. Turned out, it was the graphics card fan. Anyways, while trying to figure this out, I also went into bios and enabled the silent fan option, to see if there was any difference in noise level. I rebooted the system, and everything worked just fine as it did before. This morning, I tried to bootup my system, but unfortunately it would not pass post. I am not able to see anything on my monitor, no beeps, and no flashes on my keyboard or mouse. I've been looking around, and apparently this board has had issues regarding the bios cpu fan options?

I've tried disconnecting the cooler from the mobo to see if anything shows up on the monitor, but still nothing. Anyone have any ideas as to what I may try out?

Thanks!

I've noticed that if I leave the system running for about two minutes, the CPU fan turns off. I'm guessing this may be a cpu cooling issue?

Back