Asus P5W DH - Optical Mouse

soul1

n00b
Hi everyone. I have the Asus P5W DH motherboard and once the PC has shutdown, the power to the optical mouse remains on. Any movement of the mouse and it fully lights up !
Is this correct with this board or can a setting be altered to switch it completely off ?
I just have a couple of other questions.
Also, what do other owners think of the onboard audio.
Would the sound be better with a creative X-Fi Xtreme Music.
If a sound card is added, does the onboard audio automatically switch off or is their an option in the bios to disable it ?

Thanks
:)

There is an option to disable onboard sound in bios. I run mine with an X-Fi also.

My optical mouse does not shut off either, but I run mine through a KVM switch. I'm assuming yours is plugged directly in? PS2 or USB?

i have an extreme music and with my p5w-dh i got crackling and popping noises. i tried using the "pci latency" program, new drivers, different pci slot to no avail. there's at least 1 other guy here who had the same probs. i switched back to on-board audio, which wasnt too bad.

Thanks for your replies. The mouse is plugged into the pc via ps2 connector. Mybe it's a feature of this board ?

This is most likely due to the "wake on" features the board supports. Fairly sure it has WOL/WOPS2/WOUSB. Nice options to have and they can (I believe) be disabled in the BIOS if you so desire... I just got mine up and running and am at work now so I can't check to be sure but I'd bet that's the cause ;)

Thanks Sirion. If you could check this out later and let me know how to disable it in the bios, I would be very grateful
Thanks

vanilla_guerilla said:
i have an extreme music and with my p5w-dh i got crackling and popping noises. i tried using the "pci latency" program, new drivers, different pci slot to no avail. there's at least 1 other guy here who had the same probs. i switched back to on-board audio, which wasnt too bad.

I have some crackling and popping, but not nearly as much as I used to with the newest drivers. Not sure why that is. I'm also running the 1602 bios (newest available). Might help with some compatibility issues.

when i switched to the 680i i has same problem (crackling and popping) so i returned my extreme music card.

vanilla_guerilla said:
when i switched to the 680i i has same problem (crackling and popping) so i returned my extreme music card.

Probably not a bad idea. I'm thinking of selling my X-Fi too and going with the onboard for now.

I have a XM and a P5W and the only problem I get is that DTS sound is all messed up, all other is fine including Dolby Digital.

Jay_oasis said:
I have a XM and a P5W and the only problem I get is that DTS sound is all messed up, all other is fine including Dolby Digital.

Latest drivers for the sound?

The onboard sound is great i dont see why you just dont use that, also why dont u just plug it in via USB, i have an optical mouse plugged in through that and it works perfectly..

Back