Asus P6T6 WS Pro questions

tronmaster

Limp Gawd
Hi everyone:

It's time to start building a new computer, so I am going for an i7 build. With my current build I needed only 1 PCI-express for my esata controller the Addonics ADSA3GPX1-2E (Works great!!).

However, with the next build, I am planning to get the Asus Xonar HDAV1.3 for blu-ray playback, but it also requires a PCI-express slot. So, I was planning to get the Asus P6T6 WS Pro, use the PCI-Express for the Asus Xonar and purchase from Addonics ADS3GX4R5-E (which uses the PCI-X slot) for esata ports.

So I have two questions:

1. Does anyone know if the Asus Xonar will be able to fit in the PCI-Express without it being bent or destroyed by the ICS?

2. Does anyone have an alternative i7 motherboard that will allow me to have at least 2 esata, and ability to use the Asus Xonar in the PCI-express slot?

Thanks for your help, I looked at Gigabyte, and their motherboards doesn't look like it will work, also MSI.

Oh yea, will be using my BFG GTX OC 260 as the video card, may SLI in the future.

The current timeline is between June to late July as my upgrade path. Right now I am in the research stage.

Back