Asus P8P67 board problems.

EGM92

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey everyone,

I've had nothing but problems with the vanilla P8P67 board from Asus. I've had 4 RMA's for this board and every single one of them has had an issue. I was playing League of Legends and started to hear a beep coming from my case, it would only happen ever so often ( never heard it before today) then midway through a game my system completely shutdown. I proceeded to turn off the PSU and let the system power down then turned it back on. The system gets a split second of power. The fan LED's turn on for less than 1/2 a second then completely turn off and the system remains unresponsive power-wise until the PSU is turned off and on. The motherboard power LED's do remain on. I connected a backup PSU that I had laying around that I know works 100%. Same results. I don't have any extra P67 boards laying around so I can't really test the board but that seems to be the only thing it could be.

Have any of you experienced anything like this before? I've gone through 4 RMA's (2 DOA boards, 1 with bent pins in the socket and 1 that was clearly used and abused sent to me as new). Asus is probably getting pretty P'd off as I have to jump through hoops to get someone to help me.

I just had the same thing happen to me about a week ago - diff board however, P8P67 Pro that I've had since January. MB lights are on, fans turn for a split second then stop, and nothing else. I thought it was the powersuply too, but I tried 2 different working PS's and nothing. Tried the same PS on a different MB and it works so I know it's not that. I stopped by the local Fry's and picked up a MB and swapped it, everything spun up. I never RMA'd my B2 stepping so I guess I've got a reason to now...

Thanks, that's exactly what's happening. I've loved Asus Mobos for years but these SB board have to be the worst they've ever made. I'm going to RMA the board and get rid of it this time, even if it's at a loss. What would [H] recommend that's NOT an Asus board for a 2600k i7.

Back