Asus P8P67 Deluxe Power Issue

Wonda-Boy

Weaksauce
What is it with this board that I paid extra for over the pro or even the "sabertooth".....if you disconnect this board from the power outlet AT ALL....it totally resets itself and all bios settings WTF.

Last night I wanted to install an ANTEC SPOT COOLER on my RAM, so I disconnect from the mains install the fan that took literally 2 mins plug mobo back in and it starts with the multi boots and start stops trying to find all the correct settings!!!!! :eek::eek:

Just when you get the board stable and all.....god job I had the setting saved in the bios profile slot. But seriously....my old socket 775 Asus Maximus Formula II was streets ahead of this board.....my loyalty is seriously being tested with Asus. I know new platform = teething problems but this is just terrible IMHO......

Is there anything in the bios I have set wrong as in power functions that I am overlooking....doubt it but had to ask? :rolleyes:

Sounds like the CMOS battery is bad or not seated correctly?

Last edited:
Um no.
That's a COMMON problem with P67 boards rigiht now. As far as I know, ALL of the boards have that problem with the cold boots after complete power cuts. Nothing to do with Asus at all. The problem is far worse if PLL Override is enabled, though.
Main problem with Asus are bricked boards from people flashing to 1302. But flashing in DOS mode should stop that from happening.

This should be fixed with future bios updates, though.

975X boards had a "similar" issue when pushed past 320 FSB, where the board cycled off and on on warm reboots; that was fixed by later BIOS updates on most boards (basically it just prevented the board from cutting the +12v power; the board STILL power cycled though; you could tell by the beep sound that it usually only made at cold boots).

Back