ASUS P8P67 Pro or Deluxe

rosh

Limp Gawd
Im building a new 2600K system and need to choose one of the above. Im mainly using the rig for visual studio stuff and little bit of gaming. Is it worth of going to Deluxe ($240) over Pro ($180)?. If it is, what benefits i get for my work?

Did you read any reviews?
Several good sites that tell you the differences between the boards and what you gain /lose, etc.
Only thing I can see is the Deluxe is 16+2 VRM instead of 12+2, and you get two ethernet ports instead of one.

You'll have to go look at reviews and pics to see if there are any other differences, like onboard reset/cmos/power etc...

I'm in the same boat as you. These are my current opinions:

The Deluxe has 16+2 VRM while the Pro has 12+2 VRM. The Deluxe also has 2 gigabit ethernet ports vs the 1 on the Pro (I don't think you need 2 though). The Deluxe has better heatsinks. The Deluxe has the 2 USB 3.0 ports on the front via the drive bay adapter. The Deluxe also has onboard reset and power on buttons and diagnostic LEDs.

Here's a chart that helps simplify most of it:

asus_p8p67_spec.jpg

If the $50 price difference is justifiable by you then by all means go for the Deluxe vs the Pro. However, if you see no use in the extra bells and whistles then go for the Pro.

I think the heatsinks are the same if I'm not mistaken.

no they are a tad bit different. the deluxe uses screws while the pro uses push pins. the deluxe's sb design is also a tad bit different. the deluxe also has an extra heatpiped heatsink extending past the vrms (look at pics and you'll see what im talking about).

Deluxe has the front panel box for USB 3.0 . . . the value of that narrows the difference a good bit so that i think the difference is worth it IF you want the front ports now. Having tested my 2.0 devices in 3.0 ports, I'm inclined to want one.

Deluxe also has the reset button on the board if you want that.

Thanks for the comparison chart. That was very helpful for me as well in making my decision on which P8P67 board to get. I didn't know that the standard P8P67 board provides CrossFire but not SLI. It seems like that board (the standard P8P67) is the best deal.

I'm in the same boat as you. These are my current opinions:

The Deluxe has 16+2 VRM while the Pro has 12+2 VRM. The Deluxe also has 2 gigabit ethernet ports vs the 1 on the Pro (I don't think you need 2 though). The Deluxe has better heatsinks. The Deluxe has the 2 USB 3.0 ports on the front via the drive bay adapter. The Deluxe also has onboard reset and power on buttons and diagnostic LEDs.

Here's a chart that helps simplify most of it:

asus_p8p67_spec.jpg

If the $50 price difference is justifiable by you then by all means go for the Deluxe vs the Pro. However, if you see no use in the extra bells and whistles then go for the Pro.

Thanks for the comparison chart. That was very helpful for me as well in making my decision on which P8P67 board to get.

just a heads up that chart is not all inclusive for every difference for each p67 version.

You have to look at the asus website to see the other features that are different for each board.

Dual NICs, USB 3.0 adapter if you need one and for only 20 bucks more.
I call it a more future proof board, the Deluxe. the costs difference is minimal and the gains are worth it.

Some not too obvious differences that I also considered were:
1) I believe only the Deluxe offers RAID on the Marvell ports.
2) The Deluxe seems to have a better audio chip. Although I can't find any specs on it.
3) If you plug anything in the Pro's 3rd PCIe slot you can't use the second one. The Deluxe doesn't seem to have this limitation and I'm not really sure what that's all about. Hopefully someone else here can explain it.
4) You can clear the CMOS with a simple push button on the I/O panel so you don't have to open the case. I think the Pro is an onboard jumper.

Back