Asus P8Z68-V PRO - using sata III SSD

azure

Limp Gawd
Was looking at getting an ssd for windows and a couple games and read about some bad SSDs out now using the sandy bridge. Was looking at the corsair 3 drives, that have been recalled.

I already own the MB (Asus P8Z68-V PRO) and a 2600k processor.

Want around 120gig drive (SSD) and will use a 1tb or 2 tb regular hd as storage.

Anyone having success with SSDs with the new asus mb?

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

thanks in advance.

I would get an Intel 320 - great reliability from Intel, and the 320 adds some data redundancy and power failure protection as well.

I would get an Intel 320 - great reliability from Intel, and the 320 adds some data redundancy and power failure protection as well.

don't forget optional drive encryption as well.

that said, 320's don't utilize sata 3. get a c300 for the faster random reads and higher seqential while utilizing sata 3 instead of sticking with the 320's sata 2.

don't forget optional drive encryption as well.

that said, 320's don't utilize sata 3. get a c300 for the faster random reads and higher seqential while utilizing sata 3 instead of sticking with the 320's sata 2.

The difference between a HDD and an SSD is much more significant than the difference between SATA 3G and SATA 6G - which only significantly affects sequential performance - I would go with the Intel for reliability over the small performance increase from 6G.

The difference between a HDD and an SSD is much more significant than the difference between SATA 3G and SATA 6G - which only significantly affects sequential performance - I would go with the Intel for reliability over the small performance increase from 6G.

the random 4k on a c300 is much greater than what the 320 is capable of

Back