Asus P8Z77-V PRO $104.99 at Microcenter B&M (possible clearance)

zero2dash

Supreme [H]ardness
http://www.microcenter.com/product/386887/P8Z77-V_PRO_LGA_1155_Z77_ATX_Intel_Motherboard

Manufacturer page

I found this earlier this morning on their website and at that time, it still had it as an 'active' page, with this sale price ($104.99) and "10+ in stock" at my local store (Brentwood, MO). I just went and picked one up.

Now I come back to post this here and notice that the page is now saying "no longer available", so it looks like this is a closeout/clearance deal. This now looks to be a B&M deal only.

I would assume this will drop down to $64.99 ($40 off) w/purchase of a i3 3225 or an i5 3570K, but have no confirmation of that.

I can confirm this deal at the Twin Cities, MN Microcenter location. I just picked one up this morning for $105. Blew my mind when it range up.

Phillip

Last edited:
hmm I dont even see it online.. hmm may have investigate after work today.

Did you get it from the shelf? Where there more of them?

When I purchased mine, there was one sitting at the computer parts service desk and one in the glass cabinet against the wall, both new. I'm not aware of anymore than those two at that location.

I noticed these were marked down @ the Rockville, MD location last week..I was exchanging an ASRock 990Fx (terrible 4+1 Power setup) he bought without remembering what I told him to get..I didn't think to post anything about it since I figured it was just a local store thing..

FYI,

The Rockville store also had nearly a dozen open box Asus Sabertooth 990FX AMD MBs..They were priced from $125~$150. I opened a few and they all looked brand new..

I got my MC newsletter just now and it's showing the board discounted @ $104.99. And it's showing that the prices are good from today till 3/17.

Thank you for heads up, OP. I just sent my wife to buy the board and 3225. She told there was only 1 left in Yonkers, NY. Great deal.

I just checked virtually every store on the list and they all say 'This item is no longer available'

I'm debating this one... I JUST built a new system last week, using a P8Z77V-LK. I could bring the board & chip back, exchange for the Pro, and reformat, but I'm not sure it's worth my troubles.

I'm debating this one... I JUST built a new system last week, using a P8Z77V-LK. I could bring the board & chip back, exchange for the Pro, and reformat, but I'm not sure it's worth my troubles.

I would exchange the board and install it without a reformat. It is still the same chipset.:)

When I purchased mine, there was one sitting at the computer parts service desk and one in the glass cabinet against the wall, both new. I'm not aware of anymore than those two at that location.

I couldn't take my snowmobile to MC, it's probably long gone.

After missing out on the the Extreme6 deal, I vowed not to be an idiot again. Hmmm.

Hmm checked the in-store computer and reported they had "-2 on hand" ahah. Actually I think I'm glad I wasn't tempted to buy one. I can probably get another 1.5 years out of my Lynnfield.

Last edited:
I went yesterday and they were out, but they said a truck was coming this morning so I hope they get some more in stock :(

Can anyone post about St. Louis Park again? :D

Would that mean $260 i5-3570K and this before tax?

4 Left at St.Louis Park MN

Edit:

$189.99 for 3570k, $65 for V Pro After $40 promo.

$255 + Tax $272 Roughly

ugh, I need one of these with a 3225 :(

They keep telling me to check the website, but I'm pretty sure that it is not being updated seeing as every store just says, "This product is no longer available."

Getting the last one from my store. Just got a 3570K the other day, and combo discount is down to $40. Debating if I should get a CPU or not.

Just got back from Tustin store and of course they're OOS. It's a pain in the ass because they never answer their phone and the drive is 30 minutes each way. Anyways, the guy I spoke to did say they will be restocking and for the same price. So, I am crossing my fingers.

Its a pricing error. They were supposed to be $205, so they pulled them all until its fixed. Wasted three hours of my day trying to get one when I called and the guy was holding it. The manager saw it, and pulled. Offered me nothing after wasting all that time and $10 in gas to get there.

Its a pricing error. They were supposed to be $205, so they pulled them all until its fixed. Wasted three hours of my day trying to get one when I called and the guy was holding it. The manager saw it, and pulled. Offered me nothing after wasting all that time and $10 in gas to get there.

That sucks.:( I live half a mile from Microcenter in Yonkers, NY. I usually take a walk on Sundays.:D I just got a couple of coupons via e-mail from MC for $20,only valid in Baltimore and Yonkers. I am going for a price adjustment.

Last time when I came back with a coupon for an adjustment they just gave me $20 in cash. I spent way too much money at MC.

Just got back from Tustin store and of course they're OOS. It's a pain in the ass because they never answer their phone and the drive is 30 minutes each way. Anyways, the guy I spoke to did say they will be restocking and for the same price. So, I am crossing my fingers.

Psh, it's over an hour for me (same store) ;)

How often does MC change their CPU/mobo combo?

There's a whole stack (8) at the Columbus OH microcenter. They ring up $104.99... enjoy!

I kept calling my store (Chicago/Westmont) to see if they got any more in.

Finally, on Tuesday they said they had 7. I drove 45 minutes saw none on the shelves and asked someone to look it up on the computer. It also said 7, so he went in the back to check. He comes back and tells me there was an error and those weren't supposed to be entered into the system. I told him the only reason I drove this far was because I had called earlier and they said they had 7 so he went to talk to a manager. He came back holding the board and gave it to me - said they were supposed to be shipping to somewhere else.

Ended up getting an i3-3225 and this for my HTPC I'm building. Overkill MB, but for this price why not? The extra SATA slots are welcome as well.

I kept calling my store (Chicago/Westmont) to see if they got any more in.

Finally, on Tuesday they said they had 7. I drove 45 minutes saw none on the shelves and asked someone to look it up on the computer. It also said 7, so he went in the back to check. He comes back and tells me there was an error and those weren't supposed to be entered into the system. I told him the only reason I drove this far was because I had called earlier and they said they had 7 so he went to talk to a manager. He came back holding the board and gave it to me - said they were supposed to be shipping to somewhere else.

Ended up getting an i3-3225 and this for my HTPC I'm building. Overkill MB, but for this price why not? The extra SATA slots are welcome as well.

Bah, well thanks for saving me a 45 min drive. Totally worth it if your mc has them and is not pulling them.

MI store only has an open box.

Rumor has it, on the monthly flier they were labeled 104 and not 204.

None in stock at the Minnesota store. I also was told it was a price error and it would come back in stock at the old price.

Back