Asus probe can't detect PSU fan.. help?

particle9

Weaksauce
Hello. My problem is since getting my computer up and running it has not been able to detect the power fan speed. I have an Antec Trupower 480w blue and it has a three pin connector that I connected to the power fan monitor connector on my motherboard (on the left of the heatsink) but it doesn't appear to do anything. Does anyone know what is up? How to fix?

Any help appreciated, thanks.

Well, if the monitor is checked in Probe,
And you physically checked that the PSU fan works, by plugging it elsewhere,
And you're certain it's plugged correctly into the mobo,
Then maybe that header doesn't work. One of mine never did.

Get another fan to test the header, see how that goes.

gl :)

Yes the power unit works fine. I have read that the power fan can run too slow for the Asus probe to detect it working, but I would assume that would make it say "below threshold" and not "not detected". I don't know, I'm puzzled. I guess it could just not work, not that it really matters anyway, but I was just wondering if anyone else had a similar issue.

I see. Have you changed the rpm threshold then, down to say 600 etc.? My Neopower has a controlled fan and it rarely breaks 1,000 rpm,s. So I let Probe set the threshold to 600.
Or again, the header doesn't work.

luck :)

Some main boards can not detect low RPM fans because they run below there detectable threshold. What main board do you have?

Lothar

My main board? What is that? Different than my motherboard?
I checked my probe settings, threshold is at 600, I can't imagine it is below that :)

Back