ASUS S5n or M5n

talley

Limp Gawd
I'm trying to decide between these two Asus laptops. The S5N or the M5N . I'm going to be using the laptop for notes, word processing, internet, dvd/video file play back, and light photoshop work. Can anyone contribute an opinion as to which would probably work out better for me? The M5n will have twice the harddrive space, faster processor, and more weight. the S5n will weight less, comes with a free extra 9 cell battery, $150 rebate, and several useful accessories. both will cost around $1800 us for me before any of the rebates(S5N). thank you for any replies.

talley said:
I'm trying to decide between these two Asus laptops. The S5N or the M5N . I'm going to be using the laptop for notes, word processing, internet, dvd/video file play back, and light photoshop work. Can anyone contribute an opinion as to which would probably work out better for me? The M5n will have twice the harddrive space, faster processor, and more weight. the S5n will weight less, comes with a free extra 9 cell battery, $150 rebate, and several useful accessories. both will cost around $1800 us for me before any of the rebates(S5N). thank you for any replies.
I say go with the M5N. Even with its built-in optical drive (major bonus), it weighs in at under 4 pounds.

even though the S5N is sexier, the M5n is more practical, you can always paint your laptop any color you want. does anyone know if the Keyboards are swappable? maybe you can still have white keys...

yeah, definately M5n...S5n is cool, but you lose way too much on it in terms of performance...you have to really need to be running lean in order to go for that

actually according to rjtech.com you will be able to order the W5000A from them starting next week, which is the sonoma version of the S5n...check it out on the asus uk website here
http://uk.asus.com/products/notebook/w5000a/w5000a_overview.htm

it looks pretty sweet! widescreen, with the optical drive now built in...plus you could still go for the 9 cell battery, and the weight has dropped too, with the 3cell its now only 1.6kg!

anyone know where i can order a w5a with the 60/80gb hd? found them for presale with the 40, lookign for the bigger drive.

probably not...since they come built from asus...that will have to be a self upgrade later I believe...though you can wait until nextweek and see what rjtech.com offers, but I bet it will be the same

Back