Asus shipping new boards this week

Well, I just placed an order with Digital Storm for a non-revision P8P67 Deluxe, and immediately cancelled that order. I'll wait until the revision comes out if it's only a couple more days.

I was about to post this. OP you have saved me a few clicks. This is indeed good news to all of us!

I signed up for the RMA thing on asus' website. What do I do now?

Wonder if these will be somewhat issue free. Seen way to many post on issues with the Asus boards.

Any clue if these will have a long boat trip or an over night express :)

Yeah that's the dumb part, they shipped but we don't know where from or when to expect to get them. If it's on some container boat it's still going to take a while. We also don't know if any other fixes have been implemented, my guess is no.

Wonder if these will be somewhat issue free. Seen way to many post on issues with the Asus boards.

What problems are you referring to? (I'm trying to catch up on all this news before building a SB)

What problems are you referring to? (I'm trying to catch up on all this news before building a SB)

SB boards were very quirky, some people didn't experience any of it, others had a lot of cold boot issues, etc. None of them were major issues but they were definitely some early adopter bugs to put up with it seems. I actually got my MSI P67A-GD55 about two weeks ago and haven't had the time to put my new system together, speaking mostly from what I've read on the boards. Seems several threads here became major focus centers for ASUS complaints so it shouldn't be hard to find 'em, MSI stuff seems to be happening more on their own boards. Both companies have been releasing a lot of BIOS updates, dunno about GB, I imagine they're on the same boat (minus UEFI).

Crap, I think my 920's gonna be replaced by an SB VERY soon. :)

I would love 4.4GHz as a comfortable daily OC. 3.8GHz is where my 920 is right now - it'll do 4.0 no prob, but with a lot of heat and voltage.

bout time. at this point though I think I'll wait for LGA2011.

Crap, I think my 920's gonna be replaced by an SB VERY soon. :)

I would love 4.4GHz as a comfortable daily OC. 3.8GHz is where my 920 is right now - it'll do 4.0 no prob, but with a lot of heat and voltage.

You can always drop in a used 970.

Yes gentlemen, you should start seeing new boards with the “B3” appearing in stores in short order. Intel® projects that the first of our H67 and P67 series board should be available by mid-March. To my knowledge most of the manufacturers should be putting a “B3” on the end of the part # for their new boards (all of new Intel’s boards will have a B3 on the end of the part#).

2 weeks does not seem very much like 'short order' >(

Yes gentlemen, you should start seeing new boards with the “B3” appearing in stores in short order. Intel® projects that the first of our H67 and P67 series board should be available by mid-March. To my knowledge most of the manufacturers should be putting a “B3” on the end of the part # for their new boards (all of new Intel’s boards will have a B3 on the end of the part#).

Thanks for the info. I've been wanting to get one of these and check back everyday to check status. :)

is it 'safe' to buy one right away when they are released? Or do you think it's best to wait maybe an extra 1-2 months before getting one?

I prefer to buy an SB motherboard that has been manufactured from scratch using the revised chipsets, rather than a returned motherboard that had to be repaired.

They're not gonna sell repaired motherboards as new, heck they won't even use them as replacements for those seeking an RMA.

Are you sure this thread isn't bunk? I don't see any new MBs for sale anywhere.

Are you sure this thread isn't bunk? I don't see any new MBs for sale anywhere.
Revised motherboards aren't being sold yet by retailers, of course.

The manufacturers have just announced that they've started shipments to retailers. That means it'll be a week or two before retailers and domestic branches have the boards in their hands for actual distribution.

2 weeks does not seem very much like 'short order' >(
Two weeks is reasonable. Ships are slow. Shipping logistics are complicated. Inventory logistics take time.

yep i'm selling my phenom x4 rig this week, hopefully in two days, and going with SB hopefully i'll have better luck with it.

Great...will be watching the local retailer really close for any direct store exchange info. Hopefully soon.

Off topic: Does anyone know if the current 2x00 (K or no K) work with the up and coming Ivy Bridge motherboard? Or are they going to be completely new CPU as well?

Off topic: Does anyone know if the current 2x00 (K or no K) work with the up and coming Ivy Bridge motherboard? Or are they going to be completely new CPU as well?
Ivy Bridge is the die shrink of Sandy Bridge. It should be fully compatible with existing hardware. Think of it like Conroe and Wolfdale or Bloomfield and Gulftown.

shoulda used fedex!
we didnt buy all those 777's for nothing!! china and back nonstop FTW!

Good freaking grief. Just talked to ASUS CS and they said they won't be shipping the new Rev 3 boards to retailers like Newegg until April/May. That sucks.

Shit.

I went on google shopping and typed in the keywords 'b3' and 'p67' and got a lot of results but I still haven't seen a single retailer have them in stock.

I'm really confused why would they send a press release saying they are shipping now and then tell you that retailers wont have them until april/may? I'm going to have to say that this CS person probably didn't know what they were talking about and reading some script to you. If not, looks like Asus will be really late to the game compared to others.

Back