Asus Transformer charger/accessories?

BobSutan

[H]F Junkie
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Sucks about your charger! I have yet to buy a spare so I can't really help you there, but I was looking at the links and wanted to make sure that you noticed the 6' cable is just an extension (aka powered usb) and not an actual charging cable for the tablet.

Sucks about your charger! I have yet to buy a spare so I can't really help you there, but I was looking at the links and wanted to make sure that you noticed the 6' cable is just an extension (aka powered usb) and not an actual charging cable for the tablet.

Ah, thanks for the heads up.

Have you tried talking with ASUS at all? I'm not certain what all is covered under the warranty but I would assume that it is a defective product and maybe they can help you out.

Have you tried talking with ASUS at all? I'm not certain what all is covered under the warranty but I would assume that it is a defective product and maybe they can help you out.

Good point, it's not even a year old. I'll email them tonight.

Most likely the transformer (the one connecting the cable and power socket, not your tablet ;p) is dead. Ask them to exchange one. Mine was not functioning well (sometimes would charge sometimes would not). After exchanging a new one, problem solved.

Most likely the transformer (the one connecting the cable and power socket, not your tablet ;p) is dead. Ask them to exchange one. Mine was not functioning well (sometimes would charge sometimes would not). After exchanging a new one, problem solved.

I tried out my charging cable with my usb car charger to see if it was the cable or not, and it wouldn't charge. The little box that plugs into the wall could be shot as well, but I'm fairly sure the cable itself is fried.

Keep in mind that the TF may not have charged from your car adapter due to inadequate power supply. If I remember right one of the reasons you'd need the USB 3.0 extension cable is because of the extra power lanes in the cable. I've tried to charge my TF over USB 2 before and it only syncs, but as far as I know you'd get sync AND power from a 3.0 port.

All of this turned out to be moot anyway. I tried to charge the dock with my existing cable to troubleshoot if it was the tablet, the cable or the wall-wart that was messed up, and to my surprise it worked fine. I then I tried to charge the tablet itself and it worked fine too. I have no idea why it wasn't working that day, maybe dirt in the connector or something.

Back