asus v9999 GeForce 6800 gamers edition 256MB thoughts??

ichbingottderliebe

Limp Gawd
CardS.jpg

http://www.hexus.net/content/reviews/review.php?dXJsX3Jldmlld19JRD04NDYmdXJsX3BhZ2U9Mg== is a nice review

FrontS.jpg

personaly i love how its a mix between all 3 6800 cards, and love asus brand cards.

im not out to buy a top top card so thats y im thinking of getting this with my tax return

vidcardchart.JPG

and i cant get a chat pic to show up ..o well

PC Gamer magazine pg 128 Dec 2004 edition.

V9999 Gamer Edition review.

" Asus makes many terrific video cards and motherboards, but the v9999 proves that just because you can build something, doesn't mean you should. If you're looking for the best , most powerfull 3D technology on the market today at $399, get a GeForce 6800 GT. Don't settle for a kludgy hybrid."

PC Gamer Final Verdict 58%

the v9999 gamer ed is slower then the v9999GT 128mb..

i've already placed my order for a v9999GT/TD/128 for $418 + tax this is CDN currency

I own the GE also. At the time, it was near 50$ cheaper than any GT, so I dedcided to go for it. The card itself is a 6800 ultra in every way minus the 4 pixel pipes. In some benches, my card can even outperform some GTs. Just as a quick reference on how it performs, here is my quick 3d mark03 score I benched: Score

Tyrant222 said:
12 pipes for 400, me no think so

x800 PRO? OF course I wonder who would buy that for $400 when for the same price people can buy a 6800 GT with more pipelines @stock. But of course people still buy the x800 PRO.

Mojo3k70 said:
I own the GE also. At the time, it was near 50$ cheaper than any GT, so I dedcided to go for it. The card itself is a 6800 ultra in every way minus the 4 pixel pipes. In some benches, my card can even outperform some GTs. Just as a quick reference on how it performs, here is my quick 3d mark03 score I benched: Score

i dont know 3dmark scores that good, so is the GE or asusv999999 GT card good? any benches or reviews of either?? i cant find any reviews of the asusv9999GT (not the GE)anywhere

dude i said im not familiar with 3dmark scores

any reviews, comments from owners of the card? preferbely the GT version and not the GE version

{NcsO}ReichstaG said:
x800 PRO? OF course I wonder who would buy that for $400 when for the same price people can buy a 6800 GT with more pipelines @stock. But of course people still buy the x800 PRO.

lol, I bought one, but that was back with the lousy 6800 drivers back in July :). Now the x800 drivers are lousy hah

ichbingottderliebe said:
why

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 4 characters.

heh because the 6800GE costs the same as a 6800GT, the 6800GE only has 12 pipes active stock while 6800GT has 16 stock. and from the review you pointed out, the 6800GT beats the 6800GE across the board for the same price.

however, asus' 6800GT cards are only 128mb ddr1 unlike the reference design and all other companies 6800GT cards. So you'd have to go with another brand entirely.

ichbingottderliebe said:
wait wait this was the card i was looking at i guess i looked at the wrong review

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-121-188&depa=1

thats a asus GT ...that one has 16 pipes and 6 shaders right?

based on the title of this thread, as well as your first post where you claimed how much you like that the GE is a combination of all 3 6800 series cards, it seems like you knew pretty well which card you were looking at. but whatever.

as for the GE, there isn't a good reason to get one at this point in time, and i honestly don't know how they're still selling so well. when i picked mine up GT's were impossible to get ahold of, and the GE was the fastest thing i could get for doom3. that certainly isn't the case right now. while i was able to soft-mod my GE to a full 16 pipes, 6vs and oc to ultra speeds, it isn't worth the extra risk for that price when you could just go and get a GT.

as for the asus v9999 GT the only thing it has going for it is that it has 128mb of DDR1, so it should run cheaper than most other GT's. but you may end up paying for that in the long run, as there are already games hitting a barrier at 256mb under max details/res.

The Asus V9999 cards are pure shit. They are de-tuned 6800 GT cards that sell for the same price. A real asshole ripoff product.

the two molexes can allow the card to overclock like hell!! kunaak on xs.org modified his to an ultra without artifracts, so basically, its a free 6800ultra if you want to mod a bit. I would def reccommend this card over a GT

tranCendenZ said:
well with this new question, the card in that link is significantly faster than the GE. that appears to be a new model, the initial 6800GT asus cards were all 128mb

ok understand now, anyone own this 256mb version or anyreviews of it??

ya i wanna buy this card cause i like asus and x800's are way overpriced and harder then shit to find in stock ...is a 480w psu good enough if i have ~3 hdd''s and a 90nm 3500+ ?? (with this card)

ichbingottderliebe said:
ok understand now, anyone own this 256mb version or anyreviews of it??

ya i wanna buy this card cause i like asus and x800's are way overpriced and harder then shit to find in stock ...is a 480w psu good enough if i have ~3 hdd''s and a 90nm 3500+ ?? (with this card)

psu is fine. that card will be the same as any other 6800GT if the specs on newegg are right in terms of performance, only difference being the cooler. I'd order it before its sold out.

tranCendenZ said:
psu is fine. that card will be the same as any other 6800GT if the specs on newegg are right in terms of performance, only difference being the cooler. I'd order it before its sold out.
hehe maybe ill get some ocz 3700 2-3-3-8 with my tax return, better then my value ram 2.5-4-4-8 3200 now

i might get that card now LOL kinda tight on the budget but O WELL! :)

good news friends, i have a bad habbit of spending money!

i just ordered a NB cooloer, http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=35-109-117&catalog=23&manufactory=BROWSE

and another spectrum fan card

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=35-888-112&catalog=23&manufactory=BROWSE

(i have 2 of these in total, one for bottom and one for top of my vid card)

as5 ceramique

and finaly my new vid card

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=14-121-188&catalog=23&manufactory=BROWSE

lucky for me tax returns are almost here so i can kinda bounce back soon :p

Proc: AMD64 3500+ 90nm
Ram: 1GB dual channel pc 3200
HD: master; 300GB sataII ncq 16mb buffer slave; 120gb (+200gb corrupted drive, yet to fix it)
Sound: audigy2
PSU: Antec 480w true blue
Vid card: 256mb ddr3 asus 6800 gt
tv tuner / 1 GB lan
lite-on cdrw / dvd-rw combo
MB: asus a8v delux
case: silversone temjin-05 black

hopefuly with my tax return i will get the ram i mentioned above (ocz 3700)

Back