ASUS Website Compromised?

HardOCP News

[H] News
Viruslist.com is claiming that the ASUS website has been compromised by the recent animated cursor exploit. Although I haven’t had any issues with the site, this just serves as a reminder to make sure you patch your system if you are running Windows.

We've just confirmed multiple reports about asus.com, a very well known hardware manufacturer, being compromised. There's an iframe added which leads to the recent ANI exploit. The URLs in the exploit variants which we've detected are currently down. We're trying to get in touch with ASUS. This latest case shows that you can get infected when visiting legitimate sites, so you should always install patches as soon as you can.

good.. It is sad that such a large company provides 5k download speeds for drivers. It takes me a day to download sound drivers.

Honestly, that was my thoughts when I read the news blurb.
I am actually glad someone else had the same thought about Asus as me.
Great Product, Poor website.

Heh, as soon as I saw this I thought "Oh no! Now someone could be using it to distribute viruses.... eventually?".

The awful website was actually the deciding argument when I chose not to take the ASUS board on my most recent build.

Ha,, lol I got the warning last night when I visited the site main page.
NOD32 caught it right away.
Asus web site is horribly slow and downloads take forever! I hope they get their act together!

good.. It is sad that such a large company provides 5k download speeds for drivers. It takes me a day to download sound drivers.

I couldn't agree more. You'd think a company as big as Asus would be able to keep their US download server up. On top of the slow servers, all of them keep cutting me off halfway everytime I try downloading the VGA drivers for my laptop.

The place I work at got hit. Only a couple people, one such person does millions of dollars in wire transfers and found her cursor moving on its own closing out all her applications. She called our help desk and asked why they were remotely logged into her PC and they're like "uh... we're not.." :eek:

Yeah, I had a first time customer who is rather new to this industry who told me about this on Wednesday. I had a hard time convinving them that Asus was actually a top-tier manufacturer, and no, Asus does not intentially put Viruses on their site to eff with people. Thanks for that Asus. Now they are going to buy MSI boards because the evil Asus company is full of Viruses. Frig, guess we'll be dealing with MSI RMAs. THANKS ASUS!@&*(!!!!!!!!!!!

Im not surprised. Samsung got hacked last year. Again, 2 good companies poor IT staff.

Yes, ASUS quality of service has sucked ass for some time now.

I just went there via IE (thinking since the patch came out it wouldn't work on my computer) AFTER i did the MS patch for it this past thursday and my anti-virus pops up stating I have a virus now. BAH!

just wanted to confirm that the Asus site does have a virus. Avast caught it and blocked it, plus i've already patched, but just confirming that Asus does in fact have a virus on it's mainpage.
good job Asus! you're a winner!

So when does Asus plan to have this issue resolved, I have systems to build which require bios updates and driver downloads...

When will asus fix their website? How does the user find out?
For a first class company like Asus, their website leaves a lot to be desired - especially download speeds. Do they understand what sort of impression their website performance gives the user?

Their downloads suck, until they fix that I could care less.

About to install my new Asus board. Is the website cleaned up now or what? No word via Google.

Back