Asus X1900XT 512MB problems

netholio

n00b
...is this common with the x1900XT 512mb?

My Asus brand X1900XT 512MB card had been running flawlessly in my system for 13 months.
On Sunday morning, after what looked like a normal boot up, the screen displayed "no input signal".
I rebooted into "VGA mode" and removed the ATI software, downloaded the newest CCC (7.10 at this time), rebooted and installed the drivers, rebooted and..... "no input signal" diaplayed on the screen.
I just happened to have a 2nd system I could test the card in, and it had the same problems. (the card would only boot to a basic (640x480) screen.

(the 1st system has an Antec 650w True power PSU with ASUS P5B-E (e6700)motherboard, the 2nd system has an Apevia 680w PSU with an ASUS P5WD2 (P4 3.2) motherboard.

ASUS gives me an RMA# and the card goes to their service center. (they let you know in the RMA email that it will be at their center for 10 or more business days until a replacement makes its way back to you - bleh)

I get the new card 20-ish days later, install it and begin to feed my WoW addiction, and 20-ish minutes into the game, i have artifacts aplenty, and eventually a blank screen with "no input signal" diaplayed in the center. (game sounds are still happening,)

Again, the card is put through it's paces on the secondary system, as well as a friends system. The card works normally in windows at 1680x1050 32bpp), but fails quickly in
3DMark 06 on any of the 3 systems. (no OC on any of the systems)

Both of my systems work quite well with a 7950GTX.

I thought I had avoided the RMA "lines" that were prevelant with the early 7900 series nvidia cards, only to be hit a year later with this. Anyone else have this problem with the
X1900XT 512mb? (asus or not)

That card sounds like it decided to poop out all of a sudden. It could happen with anything really, just the draw of bad luck :/
I've been running my Sapphire X1900XT 512 for about the same time, over 13 months and had no problems

Back