Asus Xonar STX, driver installation issue?

psyside

2[H]4U
I just bought my card 1 day ago. When i press the drivers exe, in order to install them i get this....

5ab43c70_7wMD0.png

Is this normal?

Make sure you plugged the molex power connector from your psu to the stx soundcard.

You need to connect your PSU to the sound card. I forgot which connector; just read the manual. :p

I did connect, and also when i use the exe from the Windows 7 folder i got no promt...but im not sure what exe is the right one?

1e0800b4_7DJc.jpeg

6024baaf_dnuNb.jpeg

Double check the power cable, on mine it felt like it was plugged in but you could actually press it in further. Be careful not to damage the card, but make sure the plug is in properly. I honestly can't remember if that warning came up while I was installing the drivers or not. So if it appears all plugged in properly, just install the drivers and see how it goes. It might be that the warning isn't actually telling you that the power isn't connected, just warning you that it needs to be connected.

I always just download the drivers from the website, haven't used a driver CD in years.

http://support.asus.com/download.as...r Essence STX&os=29&hashedid=zCDHPnfR1jymHK2f

Ye i downloaded the drivers from web as well, but still there are 2 folders.

Thanks anyway.

I got this too with downloaded drivers and confirmed it with yes-button and everything works perfectly fine. I suppose it's just a reminder for first time users. :)

Ye i guess so.

How do you like the card? dunno if i'm still not used to the sound of it, but the difference is not huge, i get more detailes and clarity, but the wow factor is not present for now!

Bare in mind i still havent tested it with my A3x, only with my HD595, and im using the Headphone out which for many users offer lower quallity then the left/right outputs of the card.

Also i'm really tired, so that also may play a role in my opinion for now.

I really love the card, it's quite a lot better with HD650 than Xonar D2 which I had previously, thanks to the dedicated headphone amp. I have tweaked the bass end of the equalizer a bit stronger and also like to use Dolby Headphone and 7.1 speaker shifter. I know that many people don't like how it breaks stereo imaging, but my ears like the sound that way.

It's simply a reminder, not a detection of any kind. Does anyone know if you still need the power connected if you plan on only using the line out? I'm getting a dedicated amp soon, and the inside of my case is a mess of wires, being packed full of hard drives and a RAID card.

I know that many people don't like how it breaks stereo imaging, but my ears like the sound that way.

People can ramble all day about what is supposed to sound good, but all that matters is how it sounds to you.

It's simply a reminder, not a detection of any kind. Does anyone know if you still need the power connected if you plan on only using the line out? I'm getting a dedicated amp soon, and the inside of my case is a mess of wires, being packed full of hard drives and a RAID card.

People can ramble all day about what is supposed to sound good, but all that matters is how it sounds to you.

This, the audio driver warns you regardless of whether or not you have the power cable physically connected to the card. I get this warning as well when i reload drivers, and as such is completely normal.

Back