athlonXP mobile 2500+ overclock help, memory errors

MATTRESS

Gawd
Here's my setup:

AthlonXP mobile barton 2500+ running 11.5x200 to get 2305mhz. this thing is blazing fast.

I have 2x256 corsair XMS ddr400 CL2 sticks running dual channel, and another 512mb stick running by itself in the third slot.

I've tried tweaking the ram timings as much as possible... but running memtest still gives me a BUNCH of errors.

right now i got the ram running 3,4,4,8 and it's still giving me errors. These are some slow timings :p

what do you guys suggest? should i dump this ram and try to get my hands on some of that magic 2,2,2 ram? or should I back off on the CPU speed and just wait it out until I upgrade the whole system in the future to something like 64bit or dual core...?

Well, if I remember correctly(and I could be wrong) different sized dimms can cause issues. Or maybe it's not different sized just dimms with different timings.

You could upgrade and get some good ram, that will always carry over to your next system...as long as you stick with AMD. Unless you plan on waiting a LONG time for the next gen socket, M2? That's not till mid 2006 if I remember correctly though, and it will use DDR2 memory most likely.

it seems my 512mb dimm might be bad, I just switched it out with a friend's and i'm not having any issues.

should I keep my ram and run a memory divider so my ram will run slower, or will that hinder my performance?

right now I have the same 2x256 corsair and a 512mb infineon running 2.5,3,3,8 with no errors

Wow I am going to save you from the hell I had to forge through. Try boosting your ram up to 2.8 running 2-2-2-5 i have 2x 512 XMS (200mhz) running in dual channel at those timings with that voltage right now. 2300mhz on my 2600+ mobile.\

But it looks like that "infineon" shit is screwing it up. Get another 512 of XMS, its only 63 dollars now. I paid 100 for it 3 months ago, crazy ram pricing.

dont run the divider.You'll get higher clock speeds but it kills overall performance.

And if you have a nForce2 board, set the Tras on your ram to 11, best setting for those boards.

Red

Back