ATI 10.4 Preview driver

Have you installed it? Can you check if it's the same version as this? I ask because the version on this is also from 4/6/2010
874i.jpg

Not going to download these considering I downloaded 300mb of that leaked driver yesterday which sorts the same issue. Good find tho.

how is it newer? I have the leaked ones, i am just wondering if these previews have fixed the 2d clocks because the leaked ones have.

Well, I usually only go w/ official drivers, but I installed this 10.4 patch, just for BC2. Seems to work good. Sorry, I'll stay away from the 10.5/10.6 sneak release beta, that others are checking out.

Funny how the site called it a patch, earlier today........now same link says it's a preview driver......sheesh........!

10.4 works good for BC2. Still flashing textures in dx9 but dx10 load times seem a bit shorter.

For those that are curious:

10.4 Preview

DriverVer=04/06/2010, 8.723.0.0000

10.x (Leaked Beta)

DriverVer=04/06/2010, 8.740.0.0000

Does anyone know if they are going to continue releasing semi-official preview/performance drivers at the AMD Underground website or was that just a one-time thing for the 10.3a/b drivers?

Terry Makedon has been very community-friendly, especially since the 5xxx series came out. I hope they maintain a policy of making non-final drivers available.

Is it just the 5xxx?
Cause me and my friends are having the same (and myself in crossfire a whole lot more) issues with the 4xxx series.. :(

Is it just the 5xxx?
Cause me and my friends are having the same (and myself in crossfire a whole lot more) issues with the 4xxx series.. :(

I was wondering the same thing because i wanted to BC:BF2 times to load faster on my 4890

Installed it and noticed no difference.
Good thing there arnt that many people with 4xxx cards..................... :rolleyes:

The fast loads are nice but I get crazy flickering on 5970, 10.3b doesn't have as much.

Is it just the 5xxx?

The current fix only works on 5k series. It has been said that 4k is coming next week. I pessimistically wait impatiently.

I've tried both drivers, uninstalling and cleaning out drivers before I installed each of them, and as far as I can tell the load times for both of the new drivers is almost identical, the only difference I noted was that on the leaked driver BC2 seemed to run more smoothly than with the official preview driver. No difference in framerates, the game just felt more fluid and smooth. Very, VERY nice on the load times going from 30-45 seconds on the previous release down to roughly 10 seconds for both of the preview/beta drivers. That said, I stuck with the leaked driver just because of how smoothly BC2 runs with it.

i found out last night that if you still use the ATI profiles for BFBC2 it will still have the slow load bug. I tried the new drivers after uninstalling all old ATI software and installed the 10.4....instant improvement. Re-installed the profile thingy doohicky. Boom back to slow load times.
Uninstalled the ATI profiles and back to quick load times again.

Last edited:
i found out last night that if you still use the ATI profiles for BFBC2 it will still have teh slow load bug. I tried teh new drivers after uninstalling all old ATI software and installed teh 10.4....intant improvement. Re-installed the profile thingy doohicky. Boom back to slow load times.
Uninstalled the ATI profiles and back to quick load times again.

THE

Back